The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google ads - not mine - not displaying!

2 posters

Go down

Google ads - not mine - not displaying! Empty Google ads - not mine - not displaying!

Post by O.Fan October 27th 2007, 7:58 pm

I recently was affected by a problem which prevented me from connecting to my forum and to forumotion in general. It was solved, I found help on the French forum - Forumactif .

I don't know if this is related, but the google adds on my page, those from editboard, not mine, aren't appearing. I haven't done anything to suppress them.

The problem appeared several days before the connection problem. I had changed the background image for my forum, the adds disappeared, and later changed it again but the adds are still missing.

At first I assumed that maybe editboard was now add-free or that I'd accumulated points or something.... not sure but I didn't think it was anything bad I'd done, and was too busy to check further, then the problem (connexion) hit.

I'm suggesting there could be a relation only because around that time, I started using a proxy service called 'anonymouse" to surf the web privately and the IP address of anonymouse begins with 85.xxx.xxx.xx, and on the French forum they found that a wareout (infection) affecting connexion made the DNS point to 85.255.112/116.xx, a Ukraine address.

I also noticed that anonymouse leaves a lot of it's html in your pages. Maybe it's normal, but maybe it also leaves malware?

Just a suggestion, maybe that's not it at all.

But for the google adds, I don't know what happened, I haven't done any complicated thing to change my background, except do it from the css file.

But I'd done it before without any problem.

So this isn't intentional!
O.Fan
Forumember

Male Posts : 178
Language : French, English

http://olivianewtonjohn.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Google ads - not mine - not displaying! Empty Re: Google ads - not mine - not displaying!

Post by Shadow October 29th 2007, 9:59 am

Ads have been deactivated, it's normal Wink So don't worry!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217

Back to top Go down

Google ads - not mine - not displaying! Empty Re: Google ads - not mine - not displaying!

Post by O.Fan October 29th 2007, 7:09 pm

Thanks! Smile

Does that mean that I may post my own adds?
O.Fan
Forumember

Male Posts : 178

http://olivianewtonjohn.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down