The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials?

3 posters

Go down

Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials? Empty Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials?

Post by Diana November 27th 2010, 7:57 pm

Hey.
Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials? If it's not on forumotion, can you please PM it to me?
I want to change the look of my forum but I'm not sure how cause I don't know what the possibilities are.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials? Empty Re: Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials?

Post by Amatio November 27th 2010, 10:27 pm

If you don't know basic of HTML [and for advanced CSS], you wont manage to do this just by some tuts. Sorry. I think HTML/CSS is your solution.
Amatio
Amatio

Male Posts : 13
Language : Latvian

Back to top Go down

Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials? Empty Re: Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials?

Post by Diana November 27th 2010, 11:51 pm

Well, can you post some CSS/HTML tutorial links? Very Happy
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amatio November 28th 2010, 6:34 pm

As a mater of fact, I think there is no such PHP editing tutorials.. because if you do know HTML and CSS as I mentioned above, you dont need tutorials for PHP templates as knowing html/css will give you knowledge to understand PHP as self explainable.. I dont know php AT ALL, BUT EDIT MY TEMPLATES SO EASILY.
Amatio
Amatio

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 28th 2010, 7:59 pm

Well, I don't know anything about it and don't think it's common konwledge that's why I'm asking for help here. Wink
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoNo November 28th 2010, 11:10 pm

rhe wrote:Hey.
Can someone please post some very useful phpbb2 template editing links to tutorials? If it's not on forumotion, can you please PM it to me?
I want to change the look of my forum but I'm not sure how cause I don't know what the possibilities are.
There are many ways of changing your forum's
appearance, with or without template editing.
Some things only require editing your Css sheet.
zone2 is designed without template editing (phpbb3)

Learning as you go, with specific things in mind,
seems to be the best way to go. Cruise around
and look at phpbb2 forums & post questions/links
about something you'd like to try on your forum.

There are a lot of cool things at →DynamicDrive

RoNo
RoNo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270

http://bf2mercenaries.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amatio November 29th 2010, 2:00 am

RoNo wrote:
There are a lot of cool things at →DynamicDrive
to RoNo: I dont think he is suitable to manage with JS. ;(
rhe wrote:Well, I don't know anything about it and don't think it's common konwledge that's why I'm asking for help here. Wink
to rhe: They are connected very closely. You dont know anything about HTML, you know nothing and no tuts will help you here! Go w3school for beginning. Learn that, than go to your templates and experiment with them. As there is click-able DEFAULT VIEW link, you can access to source code which was at the beginning. If something goes wrong.

Moderators, I prefer this tread is close-able.
Amatio
Amatio

Back to top Go down