The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie: Forum/subforum only visible to some members?

2 posters

Go down

Newbie: Forum/subforum only visible to some members? Empty Newbie: Forum/subforum only visible to some members?

Post by sealhunter October 29th 2007, 9:47 pm

Hi All,

I have had a look round the admin panel and the FAQs, but I haven't been able to find an answer to the following problem: I would like to make a forum or subforum that can only be read, and seen, by some of my members. Other members shouldn't even be able to see that it exists. Is that possible, and if so, how to acheive it?

Thanks in advance,

- Sealhunter pirat
sealhunter

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Newbie: Forum/subforum only visible to some members? Empty Re: Newbie: Forum/subforum only visible to some members?

Post by Shadow October 30th 2007, 10:35 am

Hi,
The best would be to create a group in which you would put all those privileged members (users & groups > group administration > create new group). When created, just add the members.

Then go to your admin panel > forum > forum permissions control > there you'll see a summary of all permissions by subforums.

Click on a subforum you wish to hide, and uncheck everything, beside the new group (and mods, admins too). Wink
Repeat process for each subforum you wish to hide.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down