The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Why user can make a same username.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 24th 2010, 5:33 am

Dear all,

I wan't to ask about making an username. Why user can make a same username but with different email address? It's that permitted? How to make that to not allowed?

Thank you for the answer.

Regard's,
HBY - Indonesia.

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Tilum on December 24th 2010, 11:45 am

You cant have an identical useername. Are you sure there's not a small difference?

~ Tilum

Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759
Reputation : 62
Location : England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 24th 2010, 12:05 pm

@Tilum wrote:You cant have an identical useername. Are you sure there's not a small difference?

~ Tilum

Dear tilum, thanks for answer. No, i'm sure there's no difference, here's the image :



Can you see the different?

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Colt on December 24th 2010, 12:28 pm

Could be using an invisable space at the end hard to tell unless you highlighted the whole name.
All these look the same but have invisable blanks after them highlight them to see what I mean.

no_fear_banjar

no_fear_banjar

no_fear_banjar

no_fear_banjar

Colt
Forumember

Male Posts : 94
Reputation : 20
Language : English, Redneck, & Texan
Location : TEXAS

http://thegalaxy.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Maki1 on December 24th 2010, 12:30 pm

Lol he also using different emails but you can check is IP and ban him if you don't want him on the forum.

Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Reputation : 442
Language : English CSS Stylesheet
Location : The Support forum Section! No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

http://forumdesigners.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 25th 2010, 2:44 am

Dear all,after i check again,there's still i cannot find any different,sory i cannot post any picture,because i'm using handphone to post it.

Maybe any of you want to make a user on my forum,please go ahead,the address is :
tanyasaja-reborn.indonesianforum.net
thx before.

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Guest on December 25th 2010, 3:49 am

Hello !

There is a trick for sure !
Here how i can proove it :
Go to your forum and click on Memberlist button
-> Username = No then submit
-> Result 5* no_fear_banjаr !
-> Then select one of them and right click -> Copy (dont copy link, just normal copy)
-> Username = "Paste" and submit again
-> Result = Only member you copied will appear

There is a trick on this and for sure i will track that topic to know how he did.
Even with viewing source of memberlist html code i did not discovered how that guy managed to do that.

NB : I created account Neptune[FM] on your forum.
Would you be nice enough to delete that account ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 25th 2010, 6:52 am

Dear neptune,
Thx before, and i have allready delete your account. Please don't forget to tell to us of what are you seeking for, i will waiting here.

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by kirk on December 25th 2010, 8:49 am

heres what you do if you get someone like that doing it.
send them a pm and say you do not allow duplicate user names or double accounts, and that you are going to delete all accounts accept the first one they created, or if you like give them one of their choice?(up to you). then if a person continues to do this. ban the ip and user names by copying them then placing in the banned user bar.. and ban the email to.. but there is no trick to use the same email so you wont have to worry about that.

oh and another thing. have it set so members have to activate their accounts through the email the registered with. it's only a matter of time befor someone gets sick of creating different email accounts and going into them to activate the account when you are only going to shoot it down.

But thats about all i can suggest for now.. and this will be passed on to the tech asap upon their return on Monday.


kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 25th 2010, 1:22 pm

@kirk wrote:heres what you do if you get someone like that doing it.
send them a pm and say you do not allow duplicate user names or double accounts, and that you are going to delete all accounts accept the first one they created, or if you like give them one of their choice?(up to you). then if a person continues to do this. ban the ip and user names by copying them then placing in the banned user bar.. and ban the email to.. but there is no trick to use the same email so you wont have to worry about that.

oh and another thing. have it set so members have to activate their accounts through the email the registered with. it's only a matter of time befor someone gets sick of creating different email accounts and going into them to activate the account when you are only going to shoot it down.

But thats about all i can suggest for now.. and this will be passed on to the tech asap upon their return on Monday.


dear kirk,

yes,the activation by email is active.

Thank you for your suggest,but is there any way to dissable this feature? (make a same username?) is there anybody with the same problem with me?

And who's return,kirk? Is admin wan't to fix about my problem?

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 27th 2010, 3:12 am

Still got no answer.. Sad

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Darren1 on December 27th 2010, 4:45 am

Hi,

The user IS using an invisible icon, it's like the ♥, but it's only invisible, even when you high light it, it is invisible, it just looks like a blank space (IE hitting the space bar: a " ")

That is the ONLY way it is possible, I believe it has already been mentioned in this thread as well Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 28th 2010, 3:07 am

still same.. Sad

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by Darren1 on December 29th 2010, 6:42 am

What exactly do you want us to do?

There's no way to prevent anyone from putting it as their name, and you cannot censor it either TT

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by kirk on December 29th 2010, 9:29 am

Yeah this is so old school.
And it can be done on any forum host and various web host as well,
So i dont realy have an answer.

I will pass it on to ty's office, but i am pretty sure they are aware of it already.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Why user can make a same username.

Post by handoyoboy on December 31st 2010, 3:17 am

@Darren1 wrote:What exactly do you want us to do?

There's no way to prevent anyone from putting it as their name, and you cannot censor it either TT

Offcourse i wan't that problem fixed, so a new user cannot make a same username again if that possible. Is that possible?

@kirk wrote:Yeah this is so old school.
And it can be done on any forum host and various web host as well,
So i dont realy have an answer.

I will pass it on to ty's office, but i am pretty sure they are aware of it already.

Thank's, kirk..

handoyoboy
New Member

Male Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : Indonesia/English
Location : Parung, bogor.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum