The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a Topic icons

5 posters

Go down

Adding a Topic icons Empty Adding a Topic icons

Post by Ascent January 7th 2011, 3:24 pm

I think this is what it is called. Is there any way to add a prefix when someone is posting something. Like a little drop down that has different options. We have a forum for two guilds from different game servers. One fornax one Capella.

One of the forums is for trade but wanted an identifier then whe posting a trade they could select one universe or the other so that in the Title of the topic it would say what server it was

ie the drop down would have

[FORNAX]
[CAPELLA]

they could choose one and then enter their title in the title box. The result of the post being

[FORNAX] Trading bla bla bla

or [CAPELLA] Buying bla bla bla

Like even something like the Topic icon above would work where it states none or solved in radial buttons. How is that added.

EDIT: OK I found it finally was not coming up in search had to do it a few different ways. Any walkthrough on how to add different icon images like solved to use for topic icon?

Last edited by Ascent on January 7th 2011, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found solution to first question)
Ascent
Forumember

Language : English, Spanish, Catalan

Back to top Go down

Adding a Topic icons Empty Re: Adding a Topic icons

Post by Sanket January 8th 2011, 6:41 am

Whats the 2nd question?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 January 8th 2011, 12:44 pm

Ascent wrote:
EDIT: OK I found it finally was not coming up in search had to do it a few different ways. Any walkthrough on how to add different icon images like solved to use for topic icon?

Admin Panel ► Display ► Pictures and Colors ► Pics management ► Advanced mode ► Click on "topic Icons" ► Now click on the "create" button and add them there.
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascent March 11th 2011, 12:25 am

Maki1 sorry forgot to thank you for this. It has really helped me get a lot of stuff done I wanted on my forums. Thanks
Ascent
Forumember

Language : English, Spanish, Catalan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 11th 2011, 3:39 am

Solved?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186