The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does enabling HTML raise the security risk?

5 posters

Go down

Does enabling HTML raise the security risk? Empty Does enabling HTML raise the security risk?

Post by Richardr November 13th 2007, 2:45 am

Because someone could inject a virus code into their post?
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Does enabling HTML raise the security risk? Empty Re: Does enabling HTML raise the security risk?

Post by Koste November 15th 2007, 1:17 am

of course its security risk
Koste
Koste
Forumember

Male Posts : 83
Language : Macedonian

Back to top Go down

Does enabling HTML raise the security risk? Empty Re: Does enabling HTML raise the security risk?

Post by necrohated November 26th 2007, 7:17 pm

if its make risk how to make it safety if saying off funtion html where option should i go please helpp
necrohated
necrohated
Forumember

Male Posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Simsarmy November 26th 2007, 7:25 pm

The risk is small.
Simsarmy
Simsarmy
Forumember

Female Posts : 127
Language : English

http://forumcloud.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky November 26th 2007, 7:52 pm

There is a risk but that person should know HTML pretty good in order to do that.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by necrohated November 26th 2007, 8:24 pm

like i asking Smile where should i off html option Sad please help me i really affraid if someone try to put the virus into posting
necrohated
necrohated
Forumember

Male Posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Simsarmy November 26th 2007, 8:37 pm

Ok. I can make this clear. It is impossible for a member to infect your forum unless they have some sort of access to the database... But "you" don't even have access to the database, so god knows how this "hacker" would be able to.

Secondly, most features of html have been disabled on Forumotions forums anyway... For example: You cannot create tables in your post using the conventional method.

Thirdly, your "hacker" would have to post a external link to a site designed to create a virus.

Fourthly, despite the fact that most of htmls features are already disabled. Html is in no way the language that people use to infect peoples computers, it is probably the most difficult.

Fifthly, people use a multitude of languages to create a browser based virus. Html is rarely the only one used, and since only html and BBCode is allowed, it would increase the difficulty by far!

In summary:
It is nearly impossible to "infect" your forum with a virus. A "hacker" cannot create dangerous things in simple posts.
Simsarmy
Simsarmy
Forumember

Female Posts : 127
Language : English

http://forumcloud.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down