The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate

4 posters

Go down

Separate Delete Post/Attachements

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Left1167%Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Right11 67% 
[ 2 ]
Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Left1133%Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Right11 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Empty Delete Topics & Attachements Separate

Post by Richsballpythons February 4th 2011, 11:11 am

I have memberships on the forum. Where I want my members who paid to have the ability to delete their attachments but not the right to delete their postings.

Would like this option the be Separate in AP. Would come in handy since i deal with a classifieds section of high priced animals, where scammers are known for showing up.

So in end have the ability allow certain groups to delete attachments, but not posts and vice versa.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Empty Re: Delete Topics & Attachements Separate

Post by Richsballpythons February 9th 2011, 6:26 am

Come on guys, this is a great feature that is a must.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Empty Re: Delete Topics & Attachements Separate

Post by Sanket February 9th 2011, 7:31 am

I am not really sure, however if the members have the ability to edit their posts. Can't they remove the attachment by editing the post?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsballpythons February 9th 2011, 7:41 am

Sanket wrote:I am not really sure, however if the members have the ability to edit their posts. Can't they remove the attachment by editing the post?
No, my members can edit posts in first 15 mins but unable to delete the attachments as that would give them the ability to delete their post too.

I dont want posts deleted, but attachments i want them the ability to delete them when not needed.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 9th 2011, 11:49 am

Yes i understand what you are saying. But, i don't have attachments enabled on my forum hence i did not check if its possible to remove the attachment by having the permission to edit the post. Please confirm.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Social_King February 9th 2011, 4:05 pm

I agree with Sanket. You can already do this in the Admin Panel and just disable it. Good idea but my vote is No.
Social_King
Social_King
Forumember

Male Posts : 89

http://chatgo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsballpythons February 9th 2011, 4:14 pm

Sanket wrote:Yes i understand what you are saying. But, i don't have attachments enabled on my forum hence i did not check if its possible to remove the attachment by having the permission to edit the post. Please confirm.

Well i have attachments enabled with 500mb of storage and growing. But to allow members to delete what they attached, is giving them permission to also delete their postings.

And no i checked already with test account. i attached a image with the attachment/delete post box unchecked, went back to edit the posting and you are unable to delete the file.

And i give my members 15 misn to edit posts after that nothing. And in classifieds they have no editing possibilities due to possible scammers

Only members who are Silver and Gold sponsors are allowed the attachment function on the forum. Non paying members dont get the choice of attachments. But i want my sponsors to still be able to use the attchements b uploading and deleting them. But not delete their posts, since they are combined in AP as one feature when it should be 2.
Richsballpythons
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 9th 2013, 4:59 pm

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Delete Topics & Attachements Separate Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down