The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Problem with Poll

3 posters

Go down

Big Problem with Poll Empty Big Problem with Poll

Post by Tara09 March 13th 2011, 2:34 am

Hi peeps

One of the mods posted a poll on our site and every time someone votes, regardless of which
radio button they push, only one of the options gets the votes Sad

For example, we have 5 options and only 1 is getting any votes. 2 people have voted # 2 that I know
of (including myself), yet all the votes have gone to #4.......

Big Problem with Poll 20110313-ayp6-25kb
Tara09
Tara09
Forumember

Female Posts : 29
Language : English

http://illusions.forum8.biz/forum

Back to top Go down

Big Problem with Poll Empty Re: Big Problem with Poll

Post by kirk March 13th 2011, 3:41 am

you know what, it seems 5 people have all voted for the same thing?

i would make a test account as a member or what ever, then select another option and see if it works. if it dose cool then you know it's working.

If not, then just delete it and try it again..
If it keeps doing this then come back here.

what is that jestscreen thing at the bottom of the screen shot.
Did you add some kind of tool bar or something? it could be the coding con flicking with it, if thats what it is?

But like i said try them two things and if it's still continue then just come back and let us know and we'll take it from there Smile

oh if you did add a new code script somewhere, remove it and see if it works then you will know if it's a script or not to.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara09 March 14th 2011, 3:24 am

lol yeah it seems 5 people have voted for the same thing....thats the problem Sad
Myself and one of the mods voted for # 2 but the votes all went to # 4...so I know its
not just someone saying they voted something when they didnt. As I said, thats just the
ones that I know of....I dont know what the other 3 intended to vote for. For all I know,
they could have also been voting for # 2 Sad

I tried making another poll myself in the staff section and it worked fine.

I will remake the poll and try and get everyone to vote again and see if this helps. Im just
concerned for future polls, because we have alot of them. We have weekly GFX Battles that
need to be voted on, and I dont want there to be any question that the polls arent right.

The "jetscreen" thingy at the bottom is nothing....its my screenshot program Very Happy

This one JetScreenshot
Its really awesome Very Happy You should check it out Wink lol

I havent added any new scripts either Smile
Tara09
Tara09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mingfangjy March 14th 2011, 9:55 am

Content Removed
mingfangjy

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 14th 2011, 12:41 pm

just create your self a test account, then log in as your test account member and vote for number 1, then you will see if working correctly.

it's the only way to find out unless you tell your mods to all chose a different number, but by the time they make there rounds and are able to do it you could have just tested it your self.

You as a admin can create a account with just a fake email for a test account and activate the account yourself, then log in as the test account and try it out Smile

you should have a test account anyway for other things you might need for down the road Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara09 March 15th 2011, 2:59 am

I have a test account and thats what I tried to vote for # 2 with. My original vote was for # 4. I brought it up to 4 votes as me and then when I the mod told me that he actually voted for number 2, I logged in in my test account and also tried to vote for # 2.....this brought it up to 5 votes for # 4. Sorry, I should have clarified this in the beginning.

The other thing is, I have opened the voting to guests.....I did it over a year ago and it hasnt been a problem. I did it so members of another site can come over to vote without having to register. Also, for one of the mods sisters.For some reason she wants to vote but not to register :/

Unfortunately, this means you can use a proxy and vote twice. This isnt really a worry to us tho as we are all pretty trustworthy. I mean, its not ideal, but not much I can do. Im having enough trouble with people being lazy and not wanting to vote in the first place....let alone worrying about them finding a proxy and voting multiple times Very Happy

We made a new poll and scrapped that one and another test poll....all seems to be fine, but as I said before, I would really like to know what went wrong. I dont want there to be any question that the polls arent right.
Tara09
Tara09
Forumember

Back to top Go down