The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMs visible in visitors messages

3 posters

Go down

Solved PMs visible in visitors messages

Post by velvetleggs March 14th 2011, 10:29 pm

had a problem this afternoon where a member visited another members profile and claimed they were able to see some private messages from about 2 months ago. is there a glitch that may accidently cause this to happen or i am looking at some possible mischief making.

i am happy dealing with the fallout i would just like to know if this could happen by accident or if it is a deliberate set up

cheers sphinx
velvetleggs
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: PMs visible in visitors messages

Post by Ape March 15th 2011, 12:45 am

Hi there..

The best thing to do is ask your member to screen shot what they have seen so you can pass it on to the tech team here.
They will then take a look and see if it was a pm that was sent or if it is just a visitors message.
I'm 90% sure there get back to you.

~Ape~ Neutral
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by velvetleggs March 15th 2011, 12:59 am

well the so called private messages/visitor messages were posted onto my forum - which of course is no guarantee of their authenticity

some of what was posted was definitely PMs because the people who wrote them have confirmed that. the whole thing concerned trouble with multi IDs abusing the reputation system a couple of months back and includes a couple of the forum elders getting involved.

now it there is no way it could be glitch from redirecting my forum to its new domain then it means the person who the PMs were sent to was responsible for putting them where they could be seen - which wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world - although she is denying this.

i am looking for clarification for my self more than anything - i cant actually prove who did what much as i may suspect - if i know it isnt possible accidently then i know it was deliberate.

cheers for your help guys
velvetleggs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 15th 2011, 4:09 pm

looking in to this more i found that the pm are not linked to the visitors messages at all so for that pm to be in the VM in the first place must have been posted by the member them self.

I'm sure if you are still not sure about this then best bit is to pm typlo the site admin here and get him to have a look into this for you.
best thing is to send him a link to this thread so he can see what you have been told already.

Hope thats of some help to ya mate.

~Ape~ Neutral

PMs visible in visitors messages Left1212PMs visible in visitors messages Center11PMs visible in visitors messages Right112
PMs visible in visitors messages Ape_b110
PMs visible in visitors messages Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by velvetleggs March 15th 2011, 5:16 pm

no i am happy with what has been said on here - and i am happy that it was indeed the member themselves.

please dont anyone worry - the forum i run is about as stable as gelignite which is actually what i intend i just need to make sure i am indeed on top of things

thanks for everyones help - if those in charge of the boards want to mark it solved thats fine

sphinx
velvetleggs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 16th 2011, 4:36 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
PMs visible in visitors messages 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down