The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Javascript no longer works in posts?

Go down

Javascript no longer works in posts? Empty Javascript no longer works in posts?

Post by Kestrana March 20th 2011, 12:13 am

I searched the forums to see if anyone else had encountered this problem, but couldn't find any related threads or posts.

I have a few informational "pages" posted as threads. Some of them are extremely long and I used a Javascript to allow sections to be expanded and collapsed. I haven't checked the pages in a while, so I'm not sure when they stopped working, but the links no longer expand and collapse their sections.

This is my current code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function unhide(divID) {
  var item = document.getElementById(divID);
  if (item) {
    item.className=(item.className=='hidden')?'unhidden':'hidden';
  }
}
-->
</script>

<a href="javascript:unhide('container1');"><b>Expand Container 1</b></a><div id="container1" class="hidden">Container 1's content goes here.</div>

Now, when I check the source code of the page, the link's equals sign has been converted to its number code (& #61; - minus the space between the & and the # to prevent conversion) and, of course, the link doesn't work. This ONLY happens if the word "javascript" is in the href attribute.

For example:
Code:
<a href& #61;"javascript:unhide('container1');">

Did Forumotion change something to prevent the use of Javascript in posts? If so, is there an alternative that I can use, or am I just stuck with hugely long posts?
Kestrana
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down