The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 administrative problems

3 posters

Go down

3 administrative problems Empty 3 administrative problems

Post by klarisa December 12th 2007, 10:06 pm

I am an administrator of this forum:
http://rozalija.editboard.com/index.forum
and I have 3 problem I can not solve without some expert help.

Problem 1:
Why does my forum not have option Merge posts from different topics?
In many other forums and also on FAQ I saw how this option should exist. However, it does not exist on my forum. What can I do?

Problem 2:
Changing the title of the topics.
Is this possible? Sometimes the users of my forums name new topics inappropriately or very generally and the moderators would like to change the titles, so that that they would be more specific. I know that some forums have this option. Is this also an option on Editboart forums?

Problem 3:
I am unable to make the moderators of forums visible beneth specific forums. I would like the moderator´s name directly beneth the forum description in the form: moderator:Username.
I searched help in FAQ and on Help forums and I tried many options that I found among those instructions. I tried creating special group Moderators, I tried giving users moderation permissions, but I can not make this work. Can someone help me please? Tell me what else to do or tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.
klarisa

Language : english

Back to top Go down

3 administrative problems Empty Re: 3 administrative problems

Post by Luky December 12th 2007, 10:41 pm

For the second problem yes you can. Go to admin panel=>Users & Posts=>Users=> User settings. From there look for the option "Allow the modification of the topic’s title" and choose Yes. Then click save and it should work now.
For 3: Go to admin panel=>Forum=>Permissions=>Forum Permissions control. From there choose the topics you want to display and deselect the moderate option. Then go to admin panel=>users & groups=> Users=>Users and choose the user you want to moderate. Click on him and then go to permissions tab. In the permission tab choose the topics you want him to moderate and select is moderator. Then click save.

Last edited by on December 12th 2007, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 12th 2007, 10:43 pm

Problem 1: go into any topic. Scroll to the very bottom, look to the bottom right and you should see 5 buttons. The very last one looks like two triangles pointing to each other >< that is your merge button and unless you have mod or admin tools, you wont be able to see it. Click it and you can then click select to find the topic you want to merge with. It can only be a topic within the same forum. Check the topic you want to merge with and click send.

Problem 2: To change topic titles, you need to go into any post and in the top right hand corner of it, you should see the edit button, click it and you can now edit the title. For mods to be able to do this you need to go into admin>>>forum>>>categories and forums, and set each forums permissions one by one to allow your moderator group to have access to moderator tools in your chosen forums.

Problem 3: admin panel>>>general>>>homepage>>>hierarchy. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the option display forum moderators. click it to yes and save.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by klarisa December 13th 2007, 12:06 am

Thank you very much for quick answers.
Following your instructions I have managed to solve problems 2 and 3.

But not problem 1, merging posts. I have only 4 buttons at the bottom; Delete, Move, Lock and Unlock (in my language). I AM the administrator, but I still don´t have the Merge button. Also I do not have the button with 2 triangles. I have had this problem for month and for long time, I thought it was a temporary mistake.
klarisa

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 2:17 am

I will check with admin before i move this, but i am thinking this is a tech problem. If you are definately admin then the button should be there Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down