The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members?

3 posters

Go down

Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? Empty Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members?

Post by bluebells Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 4:02

Is it possible to create a personal avatar gallery and enable members to view and select from one of the avatars? If this is possible, how do I do that? Thanks in advance.
bluebells
bluebells
Forumember

Female Posts : 206
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? Empty Re: Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members?

Post by Luky Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 8:57

Yes you can do this. Go to admin panel=>Styles=>Avatars=>Personal Gallery. From there choose the avatars you would like to upload and your members will have the choice of choosing one from the ones you uploaded.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? Empty Re: Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members?

Post by bluebells Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 10:37

Thanks. I have uploaded my choice of avatars in my personal gallery, but for some reason, it is not available for other members to view on the forum. I can only view the my personal gallery form my admin panel. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
bluebells
bluebells
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 11:39

Tell your members to check in the profile=>Avatar and look in the avatars gallery. From the dropdown menu tell them to choose the last category "Site Gallery" and then click on Go. The avatars that you uploaded in the admin panel should be there.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebells Wed 19 Dec 2007 - 2:37

Wow, truly amazing! The avatar gallery show up in the members' profile just like you said it would. Thanks a lot. thumright
bluebells
bluebells
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Wed 19 Dec 2007 - 10:06

Of course it did .You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebells Wed 19 Dec 2007 - 13:25

I have a few more questions about the avatar gallery. I'm only able to add about 10 avatars in my personal gallery. Is it possible to increase the capacity of my personal gallery so that I can add more avatars? Also, is there any way I can add more categories in my personal avatars? How do I do that? Thanks in advance.
bluebells
bluebells
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Wed 19 Dec 2007 - 13:35

Sorry but I don't know if you can change your avatar space but I have more then 10 avatars on my forum( I guess it depends on there size) And as far as I know you can't create a new personal category for other avatars. Sad
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebells Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 1:10

Thanks for the helpful guides.
bluebells
bluebells
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 1:13

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ruypster Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 19:30

With regard to this subject, which is the exact method to upload the avatars to my forum? I can't see the route "admin panel = Styles = Avatars = Personal Gallery" that you have mentioned in your previous messages. The version phpbb2 that use includes this function?

Last edited by on Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total
ruypster

Language : Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 19:35

Yes it does. Well it's just like I said, admin panel=>Styles=>(scroll down the page a little) Avatars=>Personal Gallery. But that doesn't appear unless you change your admin panel to the advance mode, so click on the "advanced" button when you are on the homepage of your admin panel.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ruypster Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 20:26

Thanks for your fast answer, but I can't find the option of avatars gallery, nor the "advanced" button that you comment to me. As I am very clumsy, I will use great means and I enclose to you an image of my administration panel so that you can visualize my situation. The language used on this template is Spanish, but I believe that is very similar to the Rumanian

Can you help me with this?

Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? Adminp14
ruypster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 20:59

So I took 2 screenshots, I hope you understand now. This one shows you where the advance button is
Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? 20215445476ac88535d2b

And this one is to highlight where the Styles and Personal gallery is:
Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? 20215610476ac8dae1e93
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ruypster Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 21:23

Ok, now it is very clear! Very Happy But this has an very different aspect from my administration panel. Can you tell to me what kind of application or version you have used to create your forum? I downloaded the pack to create my forum in www.phpbb.com, but my version is the 2.0.22. Perhaps yours is the 3.0.0?
ruypster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 21:31

Sorry but I don't know. The admin panel that I use is the default one from Forumotion, but I think you might be using the old version. Does you admin panel look something like this:
Enable Personal Avatar Gallery to members? 20222933476ad0adec630
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ruypster Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 21:48

I see. We are talking about different templates and administration systems. I will investigate te forum motion site and check their templates.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
ruypster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 20 Dec 2007 - 21:53

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down