The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google pops up when I try signing in to say my site is possibly infected. Please help.

+3
SLGray
Sanket
cecesaun1
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved Google pops up when I try signing in to say my site is possibly infected. Please help.

Post by cecesaun1 December 10th 2011, 6:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello,
I'm experiencing a problem with my forum. I went to sign in today and a page popped up stating that Google had detected a malware problem and that it could possible infect my computer. It states that it was infected by a 3rd party. How can I get this taken care AND find out who/how it was infected. I have a very strong feeling that it was infected intentionally by another forum owner who has caused me nothing but problems from day one and I need to find this information out so I can take the next steps to end this.

I truly need to take care of this as soon as possible and not just for myself but for my members and the guest that frequent my site. My site see's anywhere from 500 to over a 1,000 people everyday and it's critical that I get this handled as quickly as possible.

I do thank you so very much!
Cecesaun1
Administrator/owner

My url
www.cstylessims3forum.com

Last edited by cecesaun1 on January 16th 2012, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Google pops up when I try signing in to say my site is possibly infected. Please help.

Post by kirk December 16th 2011, 7:20 am

right so you should copy anything you added to a text file first, then go back and add them after you have the footer back.

i mean you can just go in and get the footer section part you need from the default and publish to the template that way, but you seem a little confused how to do that, so it will be easier to just delete the template, but if you are unsure how to copy things you added then add them back latter?

Then the only thing i can think of is providing you with the footer part of the code you need and explain how to add it.

But the problem with that is, we do not know what you took out or added where, so we may have to see your template code here in code tags or we can just try to give you the part you need and see if it works that way?

Who set the template up before?

Anyway this is the code you want.

do a search for body&quot and then place this code right under that, hit save then go back and publish

Code:
<div id="page-footer">
                                <!-- BEGIN switch_footer_fa_copyrights -->
                                <div align="center">
                                        <div class="gen">
                                                <!-- BEGIN footer_fa_copyright_link -->
                                                        <!-- BEGIN switch_separator --> | <!-- END switch_separator -->
                                                        {switch_footer_fa_copyrights.footer_fa_copyright_link.FOOTER_FA_LINK}
                                                <!-- END footer_fa_copyright_link -->
                                        </div>
                                </div>
                                <!-- END switch_footer_fa_copyrights -->
                                <!-- BEGIN switch_footer_links -->
                                <div align="center">
                                        <div class="gen">
                                                <!-- BEGIN footer_link -->
                                                        <!-- BEGIN switch_separator --> | <!-- END switch_separator -->
                                                        <a name="bottom" class="copyright" href="{switch_footer_links.footer_link.U_FOOTER_LINK_HREF}" rel="{switch_footer_links.footer_link.FOOTER_LINK_REL}" target="{switch_footer_links.footer_link.FOOTER_LINK_TARGET}" title="{switch_footer_links.footer_link.L_FOOTER_LINK_TITLE}">{switch_footer_links.footer_link.L_FOOTER_LINK_TEXT}</a>
                                                <!-- END footer_link -->
                                        </div>
                                </div>
                                <!-- END switch_footer_links -->
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Google pops up when I try signing in to say my site is possibly infected. Please help.

Post by cecesaun1 December 17th 2011, 12:41 am

Well I don't want to do that. I'm so stuck. Sad
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 December 19th 2011, 1:00 am

Ok, I have a solution, I'm going to be changing up some things on my forum nearing the time of my 2 year anniversary with forumotion. New template, skin the works so I'm assuming with this it will place the missing footer back in place. Do you think this will work. I'm working on all of this as we speak...just still working on buttons and badges and banners, I'm wanting a total overhaul. I can keep you posted on all of this and let you know once it's all completed, not unless we can find another way and I will post it here to let you know all is solved. :wouhou:

Also, do you offer help if needed when someone makes these kind of changes?
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 December 19th 2011, 1:12 am

Hi Kirk,
Is the section you are talking about? I'm wondering if that little question mark thing could be causing the footer not to show up.

BEGIN html_validation -->
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<body>
<table>
<tr>
<td>
<!-- END html_validation -->
<div align="center">
<span class="copyright">
<br />
<a href="https://www.forumactif.com/" target="_blank" class="copyright">Cr�er un forum gratuit</a>
</span>
<!-- BEGIN switch_view_stats -->
| <a name="bottom" href="{switch_view_stats.S_STATS}" class="copyright">{switch_view_stats.L_STATS}</a>
<!-- END switch_view_stats -->
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 January 16th 2012, 8:14 pm

Solved!! Thank you!! It's a little off centered, more positioned to the left of the forum, but I'm just happy that it's back up so I'm not going to mess with it.
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 16th 2012, 8:37 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2