The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clock is wrong

+5
Tilum
bsb2000
Blax
Luky
squirreleater
9 posters

Go down

Clock is wrong Empty Clock is wrong

Post by squirreleater January 2nd 2008, 12:26 am

Hi, i did ask about this many months ago but had no joy.

My clock is still one hour out on my forum http://pdmc-motorcycle-club.forumotion.com/

It is saying the time is one hour ahead, i try to change it in the config page but nothing happens although it says it has changed it??

Am i doing something stupid or is it something at the server end?
Many thanks for help in advance.
squirreleater

Male Posts : 11
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Clock is wrong Empty Re: Clock is wrong

Post by Luky January 2nd 2008, 12:29 am

It depends on the Time zone you selected. Check the time zone that matches your time. Go to admin panel=>General=>Configuration=>Configuration There look for this option "System Timezone" and choose the one that matches your current time.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by squirreleater January 2nd 2008, 7:27 pm

Tried that many times before, have also tried to change the timezone to see what happens, no matter what i set it to the time on the forum is always the same-one hour out?

help:)
squirreleater

Back to top Go down

Post by Blax January 2nd 2008, 8:35 pm

admin panel => general => configuration => System Timezone click one and find the right one for you which it will have just make it one below i.e say it says 06:33 GMT + 11 Hours make it 10 hours.
Blax
Blax
Forumember

Male Posts : 262
Language : English

http://real.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by squirreleater January 3rd 2008, 12:05 am

Done that-lots!

Whatever i do it always is one hour ahead, even if i set it behind or head-makes no difference.

It only did it when the clocks changed back in october (uk- we move the clocks twice a year )
squirreleater

Back to top Go down

Post by bsb2000 October 27th 2008, 11:05 am

I am also having this problem, is anyone ever going to answer it?
bsb2000
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum October 27th 2008, 11:12 am

Ye.. i reported this to the techs (the sticky topic in NOAT) and nothing has been done about it :S
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadewych October 27th 2008, 11:20 am

Weird, I'm not having such problems - I just put my clock at GMT+1 (wintertime, central European) and it's right. UK should be GMT now, no? I only started my forum a few days ago, just straddling the summer/wintertime change - put the forumtime GMT+2 before Saturday, GMT+1 after and no problems whatsoever.

edit - wait a sec! I just noticed the time on my forum was out of sync with an hour too - but then I checked my own profile preferences and they were set on GMT. I changed those to GMT+1 and now my forum gives me the proper time when I post. I did this both for my admin profile and my member profile. I use two profiles and two browsers (Flock for member and FireFox for admin) to check on different settings and userprofiles. When I create a 'secret' part in my forum, I even open up IE and check it as a guest Very Happy and yes, the guest one gives me the proper time now too!

Hope this helps Smile

Last edited by Hadewych on October 27th 2008, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-check and additional info)
Hadewych

Female Posts : 1
Language : english dutch french german creole

Back to top Go down

Post by BKCruizers October 27th 2008, 9:43 pm

Hadewych wrote:Weird, I'm not having such problems - I just put my clock at GMT+1 (wintertime, central European) and it's right. UK should be GMT now, no? I only started my forum a few days ago, just straddling the summer/wintertime change - put the forumtime GMT+2 before Saturday, GMT+1 after and no problems whatsoever.

edit - wait a sec! I just noticed the time on my forum was out of sync with an hour too - but then I checked my own profile preferences and they were set on GMT. I changed those to GMT+1 and now my forum gives me the proper time when I post. I did this both for my admin profile and my member profile. I use two profiles and two browsers (Flock for member and FireFox for admin) to check on different settings and userprofiles. When I create a 'secret' part in my forum, I even open up IE and check it as a guest Very Happy and yes, the guest one gives me the proper time now too!

Hope this helps Smile

So you have to set both in the admin panel and your individual profiles right . I also have been dealing with this. Thanks
BKCruizers

Back to top Go down

Post by bsb2000 October 28th 2008, 4:01 pm

Thanks Hadewych, that's resolved it for me.

Cheers
bsb2000
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley January 5th 2009, 12:04 am

Yeah me too, I cant fix my clock at all.
I am perth australia time, and nothing seems to work, anyone got any pointers?
The other thing is there is always an '0' before 'am' times
ei, 8am, 08:00am. Which bugs me, can I get rid of that at all?
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Female Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 January 5th 2009, 12:27 am

try going to your profile, click preferences and scroll to the bottom, there should be a way to change your time there
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down