The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Account Already Exists

3 posters

Go down

User Account Already Exists Empty User Account Already Exists

Post by Sal Norongachi February 23rd 2012, 10:35 am

Hello,

I am the founder on a recent forum (less than a month old) and our users have reported not being able to register certain account names. I have checked the inactive list, to make sure they did not double click or whatnot, but they are not present. I was under the impression, although I could be totally wrong, that each forum has its own member database separate from the rest.

The accounts in question were people from another forum, who had the same account names over there, but I had no issue in changing the founder 'admin' account to Sal Norongachi which was also the name I used on the old forum.

The site address is: Bleach-Beyond the Dark

Also, is it possible to allow members to register multiple accounts (On the forum we would like to limit it to three accounts) on a singular email address?

Thanks for your time!

Sal.
Sal Norongachi

Language : English

Back to top Go down

User Account Already Exists Empty Re: User Account Already Exists

Post by BryanR February 23rd 2012, 2:38 pm

I think this might be because of the spam prevention feature in effect on your board, am I correct? Anyways to disable it please go through the following steps:

ACP >> General >> Forum >> Security

The following field: Unauthorized Subscriptions made with the most commonly used spam usernames: Set that field to no and you're ready to go, honestly I find this annoying and I think other administrators do to, anyways it is to prevent spam, but I mean, we can find other ways of preventing spam. Smile
BryanR
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : English | Spanish | Spanglish | HTML | Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Norongachi February 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm

Thank you! That did the trick Smile

What about multiple accounts to an email address, can you provide any held with that?
Sal Norongachi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 26th 2012, 8:19 am

Sal Norongachi wrote:
What about multiple accounts to an email address, can you provide any held with that?

Nopes, thats not possible to have multiple accounts with the same email address.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down