The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Is there a way I can make it so only I, an admin, can make threads in a specific forum?

Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Female Posts : 572
    Language : English

Solved Is there a way I can make it so only I, an admin, can make threads in a specific forum?

Post by Jellydonut March 10th 2012, 6:56 pm

In the forum permissions panel, I can make it so only I can make threads AND write replys in a forum, but is there a way to make it so only I can make threads, but members can still reply to them?
    Also, is there a way that I can only choose specific things to put on the portal?

Last edited by Jellydonut on March 11th 2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Solved Re: Is there a way I can make it so only I, an admin, can make threads in a specific forum?

Post by MrMario March 10th 2012, 7:59 pm

Hi,

Set the permissions in the category, Make sure you are in advance permissions.

Putting what in the portal?
    Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Solved Re: Is there a way I can make it so only I, an admin, can make threads in a specific forum?

Post by Jellydonut March 10th 2012, 9:06 pm

MrMario wrote:Hi,

Set the permissions in the category, Make sure you are in advance permissions.

Putting what in the portal?

Thanks

In the portal, it automatically puts every thread from my news section. Idk why, my old admin must have done something.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 11th 2012, 7:12 am

Puts everything in the news section? Could you explain a bit more on this?
    Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Post by Jellydonut March 11th 2012, 5:10 pm

MrMario wrote:Puts everything in the news section? Could you explain a bit more on this?
    Whenever a thread is made in the news section on my forum, or if I move it there, the text on the thread gets added to the front page of the site, on the portal.

Also, I still can't figure out the permissions things. I'm in advanced mode, but advanced permissions?
    I can never figure out permissions for some reason xP
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 6980
    Language : EN, FR, ES

Post by Sir Chivas™ March 11th 2012, 5:54 pm

Whenever a thread is made in the news section on my forum, or if I move it there, the text on the thread gets added to the front page of the site, on the portal.

That's because you need to lock the thread/Post in other to not appear in the Portal.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 11th 2012, 10:33 pm

All solved?
    Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Post by Jellydonut March 12th 2012, 12:42 am

MrMario wrote:All solved?
    Yeah I think. Advances permissions still only makes it so members can't reply or make threads
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray March 12th 2012, 1:16 am

Topic Solved & Locked

Is there a way I can make it so only I, an admin, can make threads in a specific forum? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 10:53 am