The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too?

4 posters

Go down

External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too? Empty External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too?

Post by missmacc April 14th 2012, 6:13 pm

I just got a .com for my website... I called them too try and set it up as it is proving to be tricky... They said all i need to do is ask for the IP address for it too point too and call them back? Is there an easier way to do this? Also I see alot about a CNAME? What is that and will/where I need it?

PLEASE HELP Very Happy LOL
missmacc

Language : English

Back to top Go down

External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too? Empty Re: External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too?

Post by Keir April 14th 2012, 8:00 pm

Keir
Keir
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : Romanian

http://netuts.forumz.ro/

Back to top Go down

External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too? Empty Re: External Domain - Need IP address for it to point too?

Post by Darren1 April 14th 2012, 8:20 pm

Hi,

This is the English version of such tutorial from out Frequently Asked Questions Listing
=> https://help.forumotion.com/t7021-redirect-an-extern-domain-name-that-you-own-to-your-board

Keir, please post English tutorial's as our community is generally English Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by missmacc April 15th 2012, 1:02 am

Thanks but they have said to ask Forumotion to change the IPS tag on my domain name to NAMESCO? How would I go about doing that if it's even possible?
missmacc

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 15th 2012, 11:00 am

Everything you need to do is explained within that tutorial, there is nothing else you need to do.

Not that forumotion would be able to configure something that they cannot access Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaakerry April 23rd 2012, 1:45 pm

thnaks a lot i was in search of that
mariaakerry

Female Posts : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down