The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to embed my form into another website?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to embed my form into another website? Empty Is it possible to embed my form into another website?

Post by The Assistant April 20th 2012, 6:35 pm

A related website has asked to merge my forum, www.nhsportsforum.com and their website. I want to maintain my user base and organization of my forum while leaving the design and frame to the be part of the new site.

Is this possible to embed in this fashion?
The Assistant

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to embed my form into another website? Empty Re: Is it possible to embed my form into another website?

Post by Sanket April 20th 2012, 7:27 pm

Not possible to merge the forums. The only thing you can copy is the looks of a forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to embed my form into another website? Empty Re: Is it possible to embed my form into another website?

Post by The Assistant April 25th 2012, 9:52 pm

Maybe "merge" was the wrong term. They don't currently have an existing forum. Can my Forum be placed on their website, embedded within their site? It would change the name of the forum, etc.
The Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ April 25th 2012, 10:15 pm

Hi, Hello

Can you please be a little bit more specific of what you really want. Wink

Thanks
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 26th 2012, 3:22 pm

The Assistant wrote:Maybe "merge" was the wrong term. They don't currently have an existing forum. Can my Forum be placed on their website, embedded within their site? It would change the name of the forum, etc.
Embedding is possible, but that does not change the name of the forum or where its hosted.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex♥ April 26th 2012, 3:28 pm

Like an Iframe?
If you want to move all your posts and stuff to their forum, you can't. But, if you want to add a page to the other website to show you're forum you can.

You'll need to elaborate on what you want if you want any good help.
Dex♥
Dex♥
Forumember

Language : Calgary

http://www.toonworldacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Assistant April 26th 2012, 3:30 pm

Fantastic. Happy to continue to host with Forumotion, who have provided a great platform. Now - the next question is would it be possible to remove the headers, and simply display my forum sections and organization?

I want place just that portion of my forum into their website - this way their header, tab navigation etc is displayed at the top, and my forum below.

Also, would want to make the URL be part of their site too, ie www.websitename.com/forum while still hosting it on the forumotion servers.

Is that possible?
The Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex♥ April 26th 2012, 3:32 pm

The Assistant wrote:Fantastic. Happy to continue to host with Forumotion, who have provided a great platform. Now - the next question is would it be possible to remove the headers, and simply display my forum sections and organization?

I want place just that portion of my forum into their website - this way their header, tab navigation etc is displayed at the top, and my forum below.

Also, would want to make the URL be part of their site too, ie www.websitename.com/forum while still hosting it on the forumotion servers.

Is that possible?

It's definitely possible, I've seen it done. Although, I'm not sure how to do it. You would need a pro for that ^.^
Dex♥
Dex♥
Forumember

Language : Calgary

http://www.toonworldacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Assistant April 26th 2012, 11:15 pm

Dex♥ wrote:It's definitely possible, I've seen it done. Although, I'm not sure how to do it. You would need a pro for that ^.^

I have a programmer at my disposal. Just wanted to to a little homework to make sure it was possible before asking him to figure it out.
The Assistant

Back to top Go down