The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin panel

3 posters

Go down

Solved Admin panel

Post by wylie May 9th 2012, 11:58 pm

Hello!

I am new to running a forum and have got on well with the admin panel,
Except a couple of things. The admin panel has lots of options but does not seem to give me as much access to the code and databases in the way others do, PHPBB is somthingthat looked amazing when I saw a picture of the admin panel, but I can't convert can I?
If not, Is there a big upgrade I can buy or get to make the admin panel more wide in options??
Or are there automatic updates?
If you would like me to make a list of the top of my head of WWHY I would benifit from more access please say!

Thanks to all in advance!
wylie

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Admin panel

Post by Darren1 May 10th 2012, 12:08 am

Hi, and thanks for using ForuMotion!

Unfortunately, all that you see at the moment, is all you get, with the exception of access to the template (you can access them in only PHPBB2 or PunBB) and the access to password changes, and creation of mailboxes, after purchasing a domain)

The difference between real PHPBB and us?
That's quite an exhausting list, so Ill do a brief summery:

We use different coding, we use our own, hand made server side coding.
We used to have a different look to the admin panel, like true PHPBB, but this one is far simpler.
Because were a free host, you have access to only some of the full PHPBB.
You can access CSS at any time at:
Admin panel >> Display > Colours > CSS
Templates are only accessible by founders, and you can only edit some pages. You can only edit templates in PunBB and PHPBB2 use to copyright restrictions, and that PunBB's coding is very similar to PHPBB2. PHPBB3 and InVision is different, but more then able to have templates, but then, we can't disobey the law nowdays can we.
Admin panel >> Display > Templates.
Our support forum has dedicated members, and is run by volunteer's, and we have only 1 communication officer to the office, Leeloo, who relays information to and from the office and our developers.

There is NO, ZERO, 'upgrade' package, unless ofcause, you decide to purchase a domain, adds removal, increased gallery space, or some footer removal.
Our updates/patches/corrections are 100% safe and secure, and are automatic. However, if they require template editing, and you have edited those affected templates, you are required to edit the changes in themselves.

Thanks,
Darren.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie May 10th 2012, 12:25 am

So as you said PhpBB has a more 'in depth ' panel, is converting possible in any shape or form?
wylie

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie May 10th 2012, 1:00 am

Well what else would there be as an option?

Thank you all!
wylie

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie May 10th 2012, 8:28 am

Ok, well Thank you!
wylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 10th 2012, 8:34 am