The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locked topics

3 posters

Go down

Solved Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:38 pm

What are locked topics?
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 5:40 pm

Locked topics are topics that Staff think should be closed so that members can no longer post in there. Spam and Garbaged topics are locked so that they aren't brought up again!
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:41 pm

Legend™ wrote:Locked topics are topics that Staff think should be closed so that members can no longer post in there. Spam and Garbaged topics are locked so that they aren't brought up again!
But in my forum that I admin, if I lock a topic, users can still reply in it.
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 5:43 pm

Can you please post your forum url so I can take a look? If you don't want to post it you can PM the URL to me
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:44 pm

Legend™ wrote:Can you please post your forum url so I can take a look? If you don't want to post it you can PM the URL to me
Ok, but you'll have to register (I make everything on my forum so that only friends can see and write anything). You can find it in your PM inbox.
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 5:47 pm

i registered but it says you need to activate it. Please activate it and I will be happy to help
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:49 pm

Legend™ wrote:i registered but it says you need to activate it. Please activate it and I will be happy to help
I just did.
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 5:51 pm

So your wondering why you can still reply to it? From what your locked post said.

You said "See, I shouldn't be able to reply to this topic, but I just did. I don't know what a locked topic is."

Is that your question? Why you can still post in the locked topic?
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:52 pm

Legend™ wrote:So your wondering why you can still reply to it? From what your locked post said.

You said "See, I shouldn't be able to reply to this topic, but I just did. I don't know what a locked topic is."

Is that your question? Why you can still post in the locked topic?
Yeah, exactly.
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 5:53 pm

The reason you could still post in the locked topic is because you are an Admin.

Administrators & Moderators can post in Locked Topics. I am a member and I can't post in your locked topic.
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by lustromlingmech June 25th 2012, 5:54 pm

Legend™ wrote:The reason you could still post in the locked topic is because you are an Admin.

Administrators & Moderators can post in Locked Topics. I am a member and I can't post in your locked topic.
Oh.... Thanks. I was so confused.

(Problem Solved)

May I delete your "temporary" account on my forum? Or is it not temporary?
avatar
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Legend™ June 25th 2012, 6:25 pm

You may delete it Wink

~Glad I could help you out
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Reputation : 30
Language : Javascript, CSS, English
Location : Omaha

View user profile http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Locked topics

Post by Base June 25th 2012, 6:29 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1695
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

View user profile http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum