The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum wide message?

3 posters

Go down

forum wide message? Empty forum wide message?

Post by Dionys January 28th 2008, 4:41 pm

i have a question and i'm not sure if it has been touched on before, but it is something i've seen on other forums.

is there any way to create a message that displays on every forum page? example ... i just updated our forum and i posted an announcement about it, but i'm not 100% everyone will read it, however, if that 'announcement' could appear on every forum page, then people are more likely to read it.

is this possible without having to post the announcement manually for every page? i would love it if i could post one message and have it appear at the top of every forum page in the "announcement/sticky" section.
Dionys
Dionys

Male Posts : 10
Language : English

http://cosmicenigma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

forum wide message? Empty Re: forum wide message?

Post by zakir321 January 28th 2008, 5:19 pm

in your ACP go to "General / Homepage / Configuration" and scroll down and setup the "Homepage Message" fields. it will appear above your forum sites Wink

EDIT: pardon me, i realized i was wrong - this message will appear only on the main forum site. I guess you would have to write something into the "Site description" field in the "General / Configuration" -Tab
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Dionys January 28th 2008, 6:06 pm

thank you very much for the quick reply. i may have to just rely on just the main page for important updates then. thank you ^^
Dionys
Dionys

Male Posts : 10
Language : English

http://cosmicenigma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 28th 2008, 7:53 pm

Support is in the support forum, not in the general discussions Wink

=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down