The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] My forum won't load

+144
SLGray
SNL-Krissy
504Heater
UKsLaVo
kathleenelsie
brigitte & mike
LH Justin
Elcee
Made
RadioHead
monique76
Poppie
cristinalelia
Razvan.
petros_7
WickedSoul
Ape
Yuzuru Otonashi
brale1
Jophy
koimaster
teller55
Ic3 Man
Mr. Eddster
saragosa
yorkiegirl
Tennisdude
PBulldog2
FromTheEarthToTheMorgue
Porschepower
Sonia_mi
Gonny
rohan aja
some1 with guns
sacerdotalisdei
Blissinator
runawayhorses
felicity4us2
Tsugaru
SA_Pliskin
perfectSTORM!
Kellycakes
Dontsellout@gmail.com
NuclearTreerat
{KL}EmoPig
Kayden
missing_mile_ghost
lh0103
David Stern
Juli Fabregas
anastas95
Mushkilla
gnoul
HogwartsAcademy
Rii SouL
RAtSoaDM
FireWhip
DK
Dampforum
Orbis Globvli
bokeeN
noko1
hbox
outlaw105w
wobblycaptain
Tonight
GreenFireflyGirl
xrisinkaa
Zeena
Algona
christien
19CenturyWBTS
Iirlane
tengo
kirkby1red
Horox
Nahtan-Syab
Zríny
dotdotdot
isims
intergallactic
TimV
Viktor 36
ElenaRPG
catela
tedyblue
Caroline
st0ne
Morielen
bramby
Kaya
DarMonkey
CindaLove
Ena.
tuneland
Devan
E-literoase
efbe
Toddseahawks
Kizomaru Hotaru
Hookah
TWIZTEDxDevil
dnsan2k11
Golden Shroom
The Estate
Kestrana
Aja Blue
plasticparadise
AussieXII
Zeef
auntielynds
bb0y
Darren1
Mrsig
cygmark
Sunnyko
toomanychoices
Dreik
jmalone
Rogerio
zippo933
Kirbyarm
paulpattonproductions
Mew Ami
Alex.
filias
MrEightThreeOne
butch
Tomer Aharonson
DJG-Scotland
Sanket
Senzu
Brianman23
Hardcore Gamer
NancyB
DustyBones
Nefadar
sweetwordss
SujuLoveNL
Zekaire
Swantewit
blackrose538
Shadow
viankova
148 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Solved [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by viankova October 12th 2012, 4:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi, my forum won't load, while another forum I'm member at loads.

This is the forum when it doesn't load.
Spoiler:

And this is the forum that loads.
Spoiler:

Made an Only Topic.

Please try this.

https://help.forumotion.com/t116016-thank-you-for-following-this-approach#758820

Hello,

The problem should be fixed now.

A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored.

Please clear your cache and cookies and check if this issue is fixed, as it should be.

If it's not, here are some different operations that can help to fix the issue :

• Close your browser
  • Reboot your Internet connection
  • Clear the DNS cache with an ipconfig/flushdns process (How to do this ?)
  • If that still doesn't work, save your current DNS info somewhere else and try to change temporarily your DNS for the DNS provided by Google (How to do this ?)

If after all these operations, you still have the loading issues, please provide us :

• The forum(s) concerned
  • A screenshot of the error message
  • Your ISP

Thank you very much to all of you for your patience Wink
viankova
viankova
Forumember

Female Posts : 138
Language : Sumen

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by Iirlane October 13th 2012, 3:31 pm

Just let you know, same problem for Estonian user.
Same members can't load forum since yasterday afternoon and more people today.
Guys from that end said its problem with forum's IP address, that something wrong with DNS server.

Many my forum members are newbies to computer (older people) and it's extra frustrating for them.

One member even came up with this>
It's magnetic storm today. Wink
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.html
Iirlane
Iirlane
Forumember

Female Posts : 99
Language : English

http://www.mustrimaailm.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookah October 13th 2012, 3:38 pm

I wasn't having issues yesterday, but I am now having issues this morning. I keep getting that it can't be loaded, but if I try back every 10 minutes or so, it works....until I try to post something, and then it kicks me off again.

URL: http://www.pimpinpspers.com/
Service Provider: Insight Communications
Hookah
Hookah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookah October 13th 2012, 3:51 pm

For those of us who aren't so computer savvy, this is gibberish. I would like to try it, but I have no idea where to even start.

Kestrana wrote:I posted this last night, but it seems everyone who's posted since hasn't seen it, so I'm going to stick this at the end again, hopefully helping the last two pages of people...

For the techies in the group: the problem is with domain resolution. Some locations (or ISPs, perhaps) are unable to find the DNS records for the domains and collect the IP address(es) that serve the sites. The IPs (servers) themselves are just fine. Editing your hosts file allows you to bypass domain and DNS resolution and go straight to the servers.

There are six IPs you can use: 173.193.11.24, 74.86.217.213, 74.86.217.214, 173.193.11.21, 173.193.11.22, 173.193.11.23
Make sure to change the domain in the example to the site you want to access. If you have more than one site, add more than one line, with each site on its own line.

Kestrana wrote:WORKAROUND!
If you edit your hosts file to set one of the six IPs I list below to your site's domain, you can access the site!

You will need to Google to find your hosts file (every OS is a little different, so I'm not even going to try to detail how to find it). Add a line at the end to the effect of:
173.193.11.23 reverie.forumotion.net

...to the end of your hosts file, save, flush your computer's DNS, and voila! You should have access back. Note: You won't want to leave it this way forever, but this should satisfy most folks' immediate problems until the FM techs can sort out the underlying cause.

EDIT: To clarify, this is not a risky procedure in any way; just because I'm a sysadmin IRL doesn't mean that this is a "secret" workaround that only sysadmins are qualified to do. If it really was a sysadmin secret, you shouldn't be able to find instructions for doing it on Google...

You really can't break anything so long as you are only adding a line (or a few lines) for just FM sites. (And if something really bizarre happens, all you have to do is undo your change.) If you are not comfortable with this, don't do it. Eventually, the problem will be fixed. This just allows you to access you site(s) in the meantime. It is entirely your responsibility to make the change, and to remove the change once the problem is fixed.
Hookah
Hookah

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 13th 2012, 3:55 pm

Hookrah, don't attempt that as you will have to remove your modifications later on anyways. My post in here is more then sufficient to fix the issue for a few users, and is what has been reported to other communities experiencing the same issues.
It's an issue that has to correct its self on your personal machine, and will take a small period of time to do so.
In the mean time, all that has been successful is using a proxy, via google.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by 19CenturyWBTS October 13th 2012, 3:56 pm

Hailing from Austria here and have the same problem since yesterday morning. From one minute to the next I wasn't able to connect to my RPG forum (and what makes matters worse I'm the founder/main administrator): www.19thCenturyWBTS.com

I couldn't even connect to ANY forumotion forum, not even the help forum itself (only using a webproxy I've been able to make this posting, though it doesn't work on my own page for unknown reasons as it won't log me in).

Seeing that this is a really widespread problem that happened for most at roughly the same time is pretty strange indeed. Anyway I hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks!

Last edited by 19CenturyWBTS on October 13th 2012, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
19CenturyWBTS
Forumember

http://19thcenturywbts.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 13th 2012, 3:59 pm

Darren1 wrote:As a continuity to fix the issue - It's a high Priority for the developers.
Proceed:
Open the "Start" menu on your computer, write "cmd" in the search and open the proposed application (! Open the application as administrator on Vista!), Type "ipconfig/flushdns" hit enter Ensure there is no spaces otherwise it won't work!
(Hence it didn't work last time)

Connect to your forum(s)
If it doesn't work, re do the process, instead this time, insert: ipconfig/renew

Connect to your forum(s)
If it doesn't work, re do the process, instead this time, insert: ipconfig/renew EL*
Ensure capitals for EL*

Connect to your forum(s).

Alternatively, connect via a proxy Wink

Connections via a proxy have proven to be successful, as a temporary work around.

I do apologize about the inconvenience.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomer Aharonson October 13th 2012, 4:04 pm

Yea okay, now around 200 people are contacting me saying that they cannot connect to the forums. You're claiming it will auto-fix itself eventually, Darren?
Tomer Aharonson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by christien October 13th 2012, 4:06 pm

We have the same problem in Holland
members can't come online since yesterday

http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/
christien
Forumember

Female Posts : 98
Language : Dutch-eng.

http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirkby1red October 13th 2012, 4:06 pm

Tomer Aharonson wrote:Yea okay, now around 200 people are contacting me saying that they cannot connect to the forums. You're claiming it will auto-fix itself eventually, Darren?

I hope this is the case, but it would be good to know some sort of timescale wouldnt it?
kirkby1red
Forumember

http://www.cockapoo-ownersforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Algona October 13th 2012, 4:07 pm

Mine is gone too- in Bulgaria. Interesting- some of the users load it and most of them- not. I, myself do not open it from work, neither this forum here and now I open it from my home ip. Users asked me what is going on and I can't tell them any solution...
Algona
Algona
Forumember

Female Posts : 73
Language : Bulgarian

http://www.samoyedbg.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeena October 13th 2012, 4:12 pm

Glad I'm not the only one with these problems. Still can't get onto my site or any forumotion websites unless under a proxy.
URL: http://theafricanstarspack.com/
Service Provider: Rogers

I've had these problems since yesterday, when it loaded normally in the morning and then just didn't load for 2 hours after I returned home. At about 5:08pm EST I was able to get online for the night, then this morning I couldn't view anything. I have tried everything under the sun, but seeing others having this issue it can't be my computer but instead must be Forumotion related. I'm really hoping this unfortunate event will be fixed soon.
Zeena
Forumember

Female Posts : 118

http://www.theafricanstarspack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tengo October 13th 2012, 4:13 pm

Darren1 wrote:I do apologize about the inconvenience.
Thanks. But obviously Admin level response is needed in this issue.
tengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan October 13th 2012, 4:16 pm

Yes..Because it's a technical problem
Devan
Devan
Forumember

Male Posts : 282

http://yugioh-universe.findforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomer Aharonson October 13th 2012, 4:18 pm

Pretty much nobody can enter most forums of Forumotion, or at least most.
Tomer Aharonson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tengo October 13th 2012, 4:19 pm

Devan wrote:Yes..Because it's a technical problem
Not just because it's technical, but because it is obviously a central, server-side problem that pertains to Forumotion.
tengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahtan-Syab October 13th 2012, 4:24 pm

You guys do realize it's Saturday, right? This isn't VBulletin. Administrator support won't be readily available until Monday at the earliest, and until then, you need to take advantage of these temporary solutions.
Nahtan-Syab
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by xrisinkaa October 13th 2012, 4:26 pm

Hello! All my members cant join in my forum, url www.all-serials.net
xrisinkaa
Forumember

Female Posts : 139
Language : bulgarian

http://www.all-serials.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 19CenturyWBTS October 13th 2012, 4:30 pm

OK here's a little update; I've been asking some people I know to try to access my forum and it looks like that most of Europe as well as Australia can't access it.
19CenturyWBTS
Forumember

http://19thcenturywbts.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tengo October 13th 2012, 4:37 pm

Nahtan-Syab wrote:You guys do realize it's Saturday, right?
Yes we realize it. But people are important on week-ends as well, so let us keep trying to solve.
tengo

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenFireflyGirl October 13th 2012, 4:59 pm

I had emails from several members yesterday that no one could access the site. I tried other sites as well and was unable to access any forumotion site. This is Canada wide and US central and east, affecting it. I changed my DNS to a google one and was able to access it, so sent out instructions for my members on how to do it as well, but I am sure that many of them won't. How will this problem resolve itself for those not technical enough to change a setting? Or who missed my email?
GreenFireflyGirl
GreenFireflyGirl

Female Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 13th 2012, 5:08 pm

Hi all,

Tomer, at last information from the developers themselves, the problem is corrected on the server side, it is now a localized issue (On your connection).
Yes, according to the developers, it should correct its self over a brief period of time.
Kirkby, no time line possible, as it's down to your connection. Sorry.
Devan, Tengo, please read my response to Tomer.
Nahtan, I do believe the Developers can be working this weekend, I don't know if they are, however, it seems they are not as there hasn't been any additional information passed out, it's now 5PM in France, which is where they are. You are correct beu

To all,
I'm presently in London and can connect to ALL listed forums, I have also remotely accessed my PC in Australia and connected to all forums, and also had my friend connect to all of your forums, and she is in Poland.
Unfortunately, as I cannot find a reproduction, I cannot work on any further solutions, or troubleshooting.

The best solution is to connect via a proxy. Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookah October 13th 2012, 5:10 pm

Wow really? This is the best solution you have? I have almost 300 members and they are going to start leaving before long if this doesn't work its self out.

I understand this is not your fault, but this is getting very frustrating, as my forum is very active and my being able to get in is sporadic, at best. I really hope it fixes it's self soon, as we have challenges ending tomorrow that my members would like to enter.
Hookah
Hookah

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 13th 2012, 5:16 pm

Hookah, I am not one of the developers, I am a simple volunteer, I do not get paid.
I will pretend to not read the sarcasm you put in that Wink

From what I am reading from the developers and the French staff, the issue is resolved, and should gradually resolve it's self on your ends in due time.

This was back at 16.03 Today.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomer Aharonson October 13th 2012, 5:18 pm

Darren, saying it's a localized problem on thousands of computers sounds a bit, illogical. And what if this problem doesn't solve itself out on it's own? You'll be virtually cutting Formulation's customer's audience by 40-60%?
Tomer Aharonson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonight October 13th 2012, 5:22 pm

It's a server-side problem.

If you have few members, tell them to connect through Proxy (http://newipnow.com/ or sth else)
Tonight
Tonight
Forumember

Male Posts : 312
Language : Estonian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 13th 2012, 5:25 pm

Tomer, I'm simply relaying the information I have read.
If the issue doesn't resolve its self, the developers will continue working on it on Monday. The French staff will be in contact with the Developers and then they will find and correct the issue.
I don't have contact to them, it's down to if anyone is working in the office today, which isn't likely at 5.23PM on a Saturday - especially on a free platform.

The latest news I have read is that it is now a localized issue, I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but that is what I have been seeing since last night from the French Volunteers.
I myself am a volunteer, just like everyone else here on this forum except Leeloo (Liaison) & The Godfather. (Technical Administrator - Developer)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblycaptain October 13th 2012, 5:29 pm

I have just seen this post.

I too have have this problem i have a member of my forum whom is from norway and cant access the forum anymore so he tells me but i can access it ok.
wobblycaptain

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomer Aharonson October 13th 2012, 5:30 pm

Nobody is blaming you dear, even if you WERE getting payed for this. Blame is not productive and it slows processes down. We all appreciate your help. We are just frustrated, especially the ones who do pay for some extra services from Forumotion, and especially especially the ones who need these platforms for working purposes or studying purposes. Smile
Tomer Aharonson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tengo October 13th 2012, 5:54 pm

Tomer Aharonson wrote:We are just frustrated
Yes, and interested as well.
tengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Iirlane October 13th 2012, 6:01 pm

Tonight wrote:It's a server-side problem.

If you have few members, tell them to connect through Proxy (http://newipnow.com/ or sth else)
I asked my members to use this for today and it works.
But Facebook didn't let post this link, as it's reported as spammer.
(I have forum group in FB for cases like this, so people still can chat and ask for advice. Wink )

Last edited by Iirlane on October 13th 2012, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iirlane
Iirlane
Forumember

Female Posts : 99

http://www.mustrimaailm.net/

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next