The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groups & Stars

2 posters

Go down

Groups & Stars Empty Groups & Stars

Post by Pip February 4th 2008, 9:41 pm

Hi, apologies if this is an obvious question but I'm very new to this having set my forum up in 24 hours on Saturday/Sunday just gone. I've looked around for similar queries but can't find any.

I am the admin and I have two moderators. We decided it would be nice to give new members that join for the first two weeks the title of Founder Member and put some stars underneath (but no special duties - just a title and stars). That's done and seems fine however I've noticed that new members automatically have the stars beneath their name now yet I have to add them manually to the Founder Member group. I'm concerned that when I close the group in two weeks new members will still automatically stars next to their name when I don't want them to.

I'm awfully confused having looked around for hours at what I've done wrong. If you could help I'd be very grateful. TIA, Pip.
Pip
Pip
Forumember

Female Posts : 34
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Groups & Stars Empty Re: Groups & Stars

Post by Skittles February 4th 2008, 11:05 pm

It sounds like you have a certain amount of posts set up in the rank of Founder Member as well. Or you do not have it assigned as a Special Rank.

Let's check everything again.

Go to Admin Panel >> Users and Groups >> Rank Administration look at your listed rank of Founder Member. You should have a - under minimum posts, and you should have Yes under Set As Special Rank, if not then click the Edit icon and make the changes so that those settings are correct.

Let us know if that is the problem.

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down