The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting HTML page to forum?

2 posters

Go down

Connecting HTML page to forum? Empty Connecting HTML page to forum?

Post by Zeena July 26th 2013, 10:18 pm

Hello,
I made a page using the HTML pages management. I was wondering if there's any way I can connect my forum and this page? For example, if my username on the forum is "Test" then when I go onto the HTML page, would there be a way to have my username shown there? And if you're not logged in, you have to create an account on the forum before you can use the html site? Thank you in advance!
Zeena
Forumember

Female Posts : 118
Language : English

http://www.theafricanstarspack.com

Back to top Go down

Connecting HTML page to forum? Empty Re: Connecting HTML page to forum?

Post by kirk July 31st 2013, 7:01 pm

Html pages do not work like this, they are only blank html pages for whatever you like to create or add to them, unless you had say a forum in a iframe, and it added to a html page. then yes you would have to be logged in etc, but basically that is the same thing how your forum already is. you would just have whatever forum link/page added to a iframe in a html page.

Other then that html pages are basically just whatever you create and have on them with no way to restrict anyone from viewing it unless they do not have or know the link.

Oh you can always add the header and footer options to your html pages.
That will put your forum logo navigation bar and footer on to the pages as they are on your forum.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down