The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

4 posters

Go down

Solved Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Albaexodus January 27th 2014, 11:39 pm

Hello,
My forum is usually to access for my users via albaexodus.net or albaexodus.darkbb.com , right now neither of those does work though for most of my members. Instead they are redirected to a GoDaddy page claiming the domain expired on 25th January 2014. Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message 1znxtds
The domain was renewed via Forumotion though (for free), and when checking the WHOIS via GoDaddy itself funny enough the 27th January 2015 is shown as expiring date, which should be right. 

So it seems like something is going wrong at GoDaddy, their DNS servers or something similar. Sadly I can't solve this issue myself since of course I can't log into Forumotion's GoDaddy account :p Smile

Thanks for any possible help.
avatar
Albaexodus
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : German, English

http://albaexodus.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Derri January 28th 2014, 12:56 am

Hi,

As this is something our Pro Admin will have to directly look into I'll make a report and when she comes on tomorrow hopefully she can help you.

Regards
Derri
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Reputation : 638
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Mike January 28th 2014, 1:00 am

Also FYI, domain renewals take a few days to process as the DNS doesn't always go through right away. Domain renewals or purchases can take up to 5 days to process. So if you renewed your domain the day before it expired, it'll show that it doesn't exist, but should come back up in the next day or so.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Reputation : 471
Language : English, HTML, CSS
Location : Loveland, Colorado

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Albaexodus January 28th 2014, 1:23 am

Derri wrote:Hi,

As this is something our Pro Admin will have to directly look into I'll make a report and when she comes on tomorrow hopefully she can help you.

Regards
Derri
Thanks a lot for this Smile
Mike wrote:Also FYI, domain renewals take a few days to process as the DNS doesn't always go through right away. Domain renewals or purchases can take up to 5 days to process. So if you renewed your domain the day before it expired, it'll show that it doesn't exist, but should come back up in the next day or so.
Oh I understand that, renewed the domain around last week of 2013/first week of 2014, some days after the usual 30 day timeframe started for that reason (usually do it every year like that). Of course no idea when it was actually forwarded to Forumotion but Im somehow more expecting a mistake at GoDaddy's side, being used to that from some domain I bought myself via them years ago.
avatar
Albaexodus
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : German, English

http://albaexodus.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Shadow January 28th 2014, 10:03 am

Albaexodus wrote:Hello,
My forum is usually to access for my users via albaexodus.net or albaexodus.darkbb.com , right now neither of those does work though for most of my members. Instead they are redirected to a GoDaddy page claiming the domain expired on 25th January 2014. Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message 1znxtds
The domain was renewed via Forumotion though (for free), and when checking the WHOIS via GoDaddy itself funny enough the 27th January 2015 is shown as expiring date, which should be right. 

So it seems like something is going wrong at GoDaddy, their DNS servers or something similar. Sadly I can't solve this issue myself since of course I can't log into Forumotion's GoDaddy account :p Smile

Thanks for any possible help.
Hello

We are working on the problem. I will inform you as soon as it is solved.
Thanks for your understanding.

EDIT: The problem'll be solved by the end of the day Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Reputation : 1832
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Albaexodus January 28th 2014, 4:15 pm

Hello Buttercup,
Merci a lot for your help and work, good to know when it will be probably fixed Smile
I will give a feedback when it works again for some users. 

Thanks again!

Edit: Everything works like it should again now so everything is solved, thanks Smile
avatar
Albaexodus
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : German, English

http://albaexodus.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bought/free domain does not work for most users right now, redirects to GoDaddy renewal message

Post by Shadow February 5th 2014, 10:00 am

Solved
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Reputation : 1832
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum