The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricted number of users in a forum?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Restricted number of users in a forum?

Post by troyeccles March 10th 2014, 4:02 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to create a forum or topic and restrict the number of users that can access it at any one time?

Reason I ask is that we'd like to open up a "cage" topic whereby two, three, four posters who've maybe failed to see eye to eye on a subject can go into the cage and have it out in a free for all without buggering up the rest of the site.

If that IS possible, is there a simple way to purge the contents of that forum/topic in one action rather than manually deleting each post?

Thanks.
troyeccles
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Restricted number of users in a forum?

Post by Derri March 10th 2014, 5:16 pm

Hello,

You could set up a restricted forum and group and give accesses to the members who you want to. You can see this tutorial for more information. https://help.forumotion.com/t38399-restricted-forums

In order to delete contents automatically you could scroll down when in that forum until you see 'PERMISSIONS IN THIS FORUM' and you can click the link that says 'moderate this forum' and then you could delete the thread via that.

If you have any questions then please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Regards
Derri

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by troyeccles March 10th 2014, 11:29 pm

I had a feeling that was the only way to do it which would mean constant changes in the back-end as far as user permissions go. I was hoping there would be an automatic way to restrict the maximum number of users that can use a topic at one time.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I'm happy enough to say this is solved! Very Happy
troyeccles
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 11th 2014, 12:18 am

Topic solved and archived
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down