Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+67
JennyorAlice
Draxion
Sienna
skouliki
Mimóza
Elementar
RyanPham
khabur330162
Caihlem
An
Kiyomizu
Take Notes
KpuCk0
Niko
Ellianna17
Kratos
Anzo
ANGrey
Angelo Andrei
Russel
Ape
Ace 1
DireGames
109190xmas
Sir. Mayo
Nemo
ShadesOfJay
_Twisted_Mods_
Worst Nightmare
Eugeo Igvalt
brandon_g
Ultron's Vision
darkgoku
Joost
Stephen-
Ramdaman
AngelaHolmes
Agent 86
kur0
TheCrow
Nicole GFA
RichDope
PunBBGR
01roby
Illest
remson
Tommy Lee
The Wicked Angel
Thor2
levy
JazeonX
Kiaraa
Ange Tuteur
Beyonder
Sir Chivas™
BlackScorpion
ddoesmc
TheShaka
Derri
SLGray
Jophy
Pizza Boi
RadioHead
Kite Trojan
Rhino.Freak
T.R24
Base
71 posters

Ask the staff (No support here)

Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Empty Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Base April 4th 2014, 11:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Members have suggested a topic where they can ask questions for the Forumotion Team. Here, you are free to ask questions and members of staff will answer them.

Please note that the staff reserves the right to refuse to answer any question that we deem as inappropriate. This topic will also be locked if things get out of hand. Thank you.

This is NOT a place to ask for support. All questions regarding support must be done in the appropriate sections.

Last edited by Base on May 7th 2014, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by brandon_g January 23rd 2016, 11:05 pm

They are, unfortunally some support forums devate from the original theme a bit. The one we have is/was the new forumotion support forum theme that all support forum are SUPPOSED to use with very mild differences, but this is not what these support forums did and there is not much that we can do about it. Sad

We will not be switching themes again until a new one is created for the support forums as this is supposed to be the new forumotion support forum theme, regardless of what some support forums decide to do otherwise.

-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on January 23rd 2016, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Ange Tuteur January 23rd 2016, 11:28 pm

Correct, the theme on this forum is the original creation. Of course each support was allowed to add their own personal touch to their theme as long as it was still similar. Some have minor differences and others have a lot, it all depends on the preferences of the staff. However, if you look closely you can still see a resemblance of the original theme design. Wink
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Male Posts : 328

Post by Kratos January 24th 2016, 3:03 am

In the "New Support Theme" topic, the people who was promoted to Admin & Support Moderator in the screenshots, were they helpers too?(Ex: XenoFish and HikariKuragari)
    Kiyomizu
    Kiyomizu
    Forumember

Male Posts : 201
    Language : French and English

Post by Kiyomizu January 24th 2016, 8:03 pm

I think, HikariKuragari is a friend at @Leah7.
    So, he know coding or graphic, he can help Leah I think. Wink

Maybe an old Helper or Moderator.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 24th 2016, 8:10 pm

Kratos wrote:In the "New Support Theme" topic, the people who was promoted to Admin & Support Moderator in the screenshots, were they helpers too?(Ex: XenoFish and HikariKuragari)

They are freinds and staff members on Leah's main forum. The thing is, the was developed on Leah's secondary forum, not a test forum, so those users are always admins on that other forum:).

Remember to mark your topic Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 25th 2016, 6:34 am

I have a question about the Technicians group. If some of the tech's from the french support forum register here(Grimm, Beaver), will they automatically be added to the technicians group here on the support forum?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
    Language : English, Filipino

Post by Russel January 25th 2016, 6:50 am

Kratos wrote:I have a question about the Technicians group. If some of the tech's from the french support forum register here(Grimm, Beaver), will they automatically be added to the technicians group here on the support forum?
    I believe they will just register if they were asked to do so. Because technicians are paid staffs. So basically if they register here there is a reason why.
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 25th 2016, 8:56 am

Russel wrote:
    Kratos wrote:I have a question about the Technicians group. If some of the tech's from the french support forum register here(Grimm, Beaver), will they automatically be added to the technicians group here on the support forum?
    I believe they will just register if they were asked to do so. Because technicians are paid staffs. So basically if they register here there is a reason why.
    Would you rather eat a peach or an apple?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel January 25th 2016, 9:03 am

Kratos wrote:Would you rather eat a peach or an apple?
    Uhmm, I'd probably take them both. Because both of them are healthy. But you asked to choose only one, I would choose an apple because it feels much more crunchier and no fats at all. Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 1f601
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 25th 2016, 10:10 pm

Why isn't The Godfather active on the support forum?
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur January 25th 2016, 10:17 pm

Kratos wrote:Why isn't The Godfather active on the support forum?
    Because he's a busy man. Cool In the event our administrator is absent, The Godfather will usually stop by. Otherwise you can find him on the French forum.. Wink
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 25th 2016, 10:38 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:
    Because he's a busy man. Cool In the event our administrator is absent, The Godfather will usually stop by. Otherwise you can find him on the French forum.. Wink
    Why does The Godfather only stop by when another admin isn't here?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel January 26th 2016, 6:53 am

Kratos wrote:
    Ange Tuteur wrote:
    Why does The Godfather only stop by when another admin isn't here?
    As per Ange, he is a busy man. He stops by just in case there's an urgent or something that needs an admin action in the support forum.
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 26th 2016, 8:22 pm

Why can't regular users have signatures?
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur January 26th 2016, 8:28 pm

Kratos wrote:Why can't regular users have signatures?
    Because then we'd have more rules to enforce, and considering moderators cannot modify signatures it would make things... complicated.
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 26th 2016, 11:51 pm

Why can't users do their own reviews?(If we can then ignore this question)
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow January 26th 2016, 11:53 pm

Kratos wrote:Why can't users do their own reviews?(If we can then ignore this question)
    You can do your own reviews by completing the correct formats in the Review Section. The same way everyone does! Wink

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 16 Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 27th 2016, 12:19 am

Kratos wrote:Why can't users do their own reviews?(If we can then ignore this question)

There is no rule against it, though personally to me, doing a review for your own forum kinda defeats the purpose of requesting a review. I mean why do you need to give you suggestions when you can just do it already? If you know about weaknesses to your forum, you can fix them yourself, etc. I mean I believe the whole purpose of a review (as a requester) is to get feedback/input from someone who is not part of your team or administration, in other words so that you find out about weaknesses and strengths of your forum that you or anyone else on your team might realize.

I mean let's face it, we all think our own forums are the best and there little weaknesses and nothing but strengths, that is not even being unrealistic or stubborn or anything, it is just human nature.

My point is: Sometimes there are weaknesses on our forums that we may not even realize existed or there may strengths or areas where our forum could grow and that with just some utilizing could help our forums grow and blossom. The point of requesting a review (atleast in my opinion) is to gain an outsiders perspective of our forums, because by human nature, we can go blind to weaknesses and things on our forum without even realizing that have gone blind to. A review helps us see from others what we can't see as forum owners and Administrators and allows us to fix ir develop some of these things.

Team Leader
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 27th 2016, 12:46 am

Who are the creators of forumotion and why are they here?
    Alien Translation: We want to enslave the world
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 27th 2016, 12:48 am

Kratos wrote:Who are the creators of forumotion and why are they here?

Is this a serious question? Please tell me it's not bwi .

Team Leader
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 27th 2016, 3:07 am

brandon_g wrote:
    Kratos wrote:Who are the creators of forumotion and why are they here?

Is this a serious question? Please tell me it's not bwi .

Lol, it's a joke, you're free to answer it or not.
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes January 27th 2016, 5:35 am

Can two Reviwers complete a review for one review request?

Example:
    Reviewer A reviews Guest's forum, can Reviewer B also review the forum and send it? Just haven't seen it yet so I am wondering.
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel January 27th 2016, 6:33 am

Forumedic wrote:Can two Reviwers complete a review for one review request?

Example:
    Reviewer A reviews Guest's forum, can Reviewer B also review the forum and send it? Just haven't seen it yet so I am wondering.

Hey @Forumedic, yes! multiple members can give a review.

If you need to know more about Review Guidelines, proceed here -> Review Completion Guidelines and Templates

And please, if you have any questions regarding the review matter, you can ask your questions here -> [Only Topic] Questions about Reviews

Thanks!
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Take Notes January 27th 2016, 12:14 pm

I understand all that but it says members, wondering if that counts for the Refiew team as well. Can the two Reviewers from the review team give reviews on one request?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel January 27th 2016, 1:26 pm

Forumedic wrote:I understand all that but it says members, wondering if that counts for the Refiew team as well. Can the two Reviewers from the review team give reviews on one request?

A "member" is general. We official reviewers are members too! I mean, yes. Two or more than official reviewers can provide reviews in one request. You can check the old review requests in completed review request section. However, if a member who requested is satisfied with the review provided by the reviewer, or one official reviewer already provided a review to one request, the topic can be marked completed already. I hope this clarifies you.
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Take Notes January 27th 2016, 1:30 pm

It does clarify, thank you very much!
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel January 27th 2016, 1:33 pm

May I remind again to please send your questions next time regarding reviews here in the review section only as this is not the right section for support. Thank you!
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Take Notes January 28th 2016, 3:56 am

Are you a morning or night person?
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Post by Kratos January 28th 2016, 11:47 pm

If you could bring back any old admin that was here, who would it be?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 29th 2016, 1:42 am

Kratos wrote:If you could bring back any old admin that was here, who would it be?

For me personally, it would be Sanket Very Happy.

Team Leader