I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member.

snickers2u

Language : english

Solved I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member.

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 8:47 am

Hi, I am using phpBB2 (subsilver) theme. I have 3 forums, 2 open to public. The 3rd forum (Journals) I want to be for members only. But, i want the public to see the 3rd forum (entice them to want to join), just not be able to enter the forum an read posts untill they become members. 

right now they see the forum an can read posts, but cant reply. I don't want them to read posts till they agree to certain rules before becoming a member. 

http://transformation.boardonly.com/
    J0k3R^
    J0k3R^
    Forumember

Male Posts : 742
    Language : Greek > English > Russian > Spanish

Solved Re: I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member.

Post by J0k3R^ May 16th 2014, 8:53 am

this is easy..
    u have to go to 'General' → 'Categories and forums' → use I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member. Perms to change the options. 

View the Forum: All
    Read the Topics: Members
    snickers2u

Solved Re: I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member.

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 9:09 am

Thanku, but if I set it to members where it says see and read, then when guests look at my forum, the forum journals, the 3rd forum doesn't exist They cant see it (I want them to see it, not open the link to read posts though. but when i log  in as a member I see the 3rd forum.
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723
    Language : English

Post by Beyonder May 16th 2014, 9:40 am

snickers2u wrote:Thanku, but if I set it to members where it says see and read, then when guests look at my forum, the forum journals, the 3rd forum doesn't exist They cant see it (I want them to see it, not open the link to read posts though. but when i log  in as a member I see the 3rd forum.
    He said the correct way Smile you can control all of it though the Admin Panel.
    snickers2u

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 9:44 am

Thanks I did set it in the advanced, it is set for members. now that i he set it for members, the whole forum/category called journals does not even show on my sight to non memebers guests. Can u see my journals forum? I can logged in as a member.
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder May 16th 2014, 9:46 am

Looks nice Smile
    snickers2u

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 9:59 am

huh...wonder why i cant see it if im not logged in?? if you see it as a guest I guess Im happy then. You see a 3rd forum called Journals right?
    snickers2u

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 10:01 am

an you cant enter that forum right? the link wont let u?
    J0k3R^
    J0k3R^
    Forumember

Male Posts : 742
    Language : Greek > English > Russian > Spanish

Post by J0k3R^ May 16th 2014, 10:11 am

u can tick the "view the Forum" option to "guests" and then, guests will see the category but cant read topics Smile
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow May 16th 2014, 10:19 am

Hello

There are many permissions to setup:
    I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member. View__10
    If you select only the first one, your guests will be able to view and read the content of the forum (For example "Jounal"). They cannot just see the title of the forum and not the content.
    I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member. View_r10
    If you also select the second one, guest will be also able to write a topic and reply to other topics.
    snickers2u

Post by snickers2u May 16th 2014, 10:23 am

I got it, finally. I did not realize I needed to click another advanced on the same page to get more options. the option to let guests see only forum, but not read posts. ty all for your help.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow May 16th 2014, 10:39 am

Your welcome Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51553

Post by SLGray May 16th 2014, 7:35 pm

Topic Solved & Archived

I want guests 2 c forum, but not be able read posts until become member. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.