The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showing "Who's Viewing" online based on known IP addresses.

2 posters

Go down

Solved Showing "Who's Viewing" online based on known IP addresses.

Post by Guest January 9th 2015, 7:34 am

Hello!

Is it possible to have a "Who's Viewing Online" next to or integrated with the "Who's Online" list based on known IP addresses? I was thinking about a hidden profile field holding the IP address and then show the username in the list, when not logged on but viewing the forum. If possible, can someone please help me with that?

Version: phpBB3

Thanks! Hello

Samantha

Last edited by SamanthaS on January 17th 2015, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Showing "Who's Viewing" online based on known IP addresses.

Post by Guest January 9th 2015, 3:13 pm

Hello SamanthaS,
You can always click the "Who's Online" text in the footer and it will open up a page showing all the users online, even guests. This also will show their location if you have the map activated and it will show what they are viewing. If you want to see the IP Address, you can see this on the main page near the bottom of your Administration Panel.

Hope this helps!

-James

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2015, 5:08 pm

Jadster wrote:Hello SamanthaS,
You can always click the "Who's Online" text in the footer and it will open up a page showing all the users online, even guests. This also will show their location if you have the map activated and it will show what they are viewing. If you want to see the IP Address, you can see this on the main page near the bottom of your Administration Panel.

Hope this helps!

-James
Smile Hello @Jadster! I love your avatar luv . You see,  I've know this for many years now, but I wanna make it a very special one in conjunction with my other (mobile users) topic! These so called "guests", if known by IP, should show up in the "Who's Online" or a separate "Who's Viewing" list. I deactivated the map, for I don't like users to see each other's location (on the map my current location shows as Purmerend which is way off like 20 or 30 miles from where I live). I know about the ACP main page showing the IP addresses. Thanks for your suggestion! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2015, 5:44 pm

Hello @SamanthaS,
Thanks for your compliment and I am starting to understand more of what you are wanting. Although I am not sure how to do this, I will surely take a look around to see if I can't find something like this. Maybe one of the staff may have a solution to this but as far as I know, I don't know how to do this but like I said, I will look around.

Thank you for further details and I will get back to you if I find anything but I do understand what you mean.

-James

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 15th 2015, 12:12 pm

UP

Back to top Go down

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ January 15th 2015, 3:13 pm

is there even a way to see guest ip addresses ... and im guessing for these know ip addresses you would input them manually?
_Twisted_Mods_
_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2108
Language : English

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 15th 2015, 6:56 pm

_Twisted_Mods_ wrote:is there even a way to see guest ip addresses ... and im guessing for these know ip addresses you would input them manually?
I'll have to get back on that a little later if you don't mind. It's got something to do with my other request here and JScript's targeting scripts on known IP addresses (a hidden feature in the profiles). I need time to respond properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 17th 2015, 6:54 am

I'm sorry. I made up my mind about this request and I think it's getting too complicated to solve this one. Please garbage this request. If I ever need it, I'll be back on this (not sure where). Thanks for your patience and effort thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Base January 17th 2015, 8:55 pm

Garbaged
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down