The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSS or forum subscription?

2 posters

Go down

RSS or forum subscription? Empty RSS or forum subscription?

Post by gerson March 16th 2008, 6:16 pm

Been toying around with my forums all day and night, and can't seem to find anything for players to subscribe to certain forums.

I would like to setup a news forum that players can subscribe to and read either from their Email or an RSS reader or both.... any of that possible?
gerson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

RSS or forum subscription? Empty Re: RSS or forum subscription?

Post by gerson March 16th 2008, 6:38 pm

oh, also... I have some forums over at freeforums.org.

However, I paid for a domain name through them, but I don't want to use their forums any more, but would like to keep my domain name...

is there any way to transfer my forums here to my domain name I got through freeforums?
gerson

Back to top Go down

Post by gerson March 19th 2008, 11:05 pm

bump?

most important thing is transferring these forums to a paid domain name... is that possible? and how?
gerson

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 20th 2008, 1:13 am

You can't have access to the forum database, therfore the only option is to move the posts manually and tell your users to register in the new forum as well. Although, if you have the ability on their domain to do the steps listed in this tutorial below, it could work, but I'm no expert with this and I don't know their service.

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/redirect-an-extern-domain-name-that-you-own-to-your-board-t7021.htm
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down