Question on how-to-modify the group legend Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on how-to-modify the group legend

Question on how-to-modify the group legend Empty Question on how-to-modify the group legend

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 12:11 am

Ok, so we all read the tutorial on how to modify the group legend. So I know that it says find {GROUP_LEGEND} and replace it with  this: <span id="groupLegend">{GROUP_LEGEND}</span> So do i erase the template and then replace it? Or do I keep the template and keep it?(I know it told me to save and publish)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51550
    Language : English

Question on how-to-modify the group legend Empty Re: Question on how-to-modify the group legend

Post by SLGray July 4th 2015, 12:17 am

Delete the part that you locate.  Then paste the code that you replace it with.

Question on how-to-modify the group legend Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Question on how-to-modify the group legend Empty Re: Question on how-to-modify the group legend

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 12:18 am

SLGray wrote:Delete the part that you locate.  Then paste the code that you replace it with.
    Could you show me an example? Please(With screenshot)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 4th 2015, 12:23 am

Did you do a search for group_legend?  All you have to do is delete that part, then copy and paste the replacement code.  Then press the save button and publish image.

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 12:26 am

SLGray wrote:Did you do a search for group_legend?  All you have to do is delete that part, then copy and paste the replacement code.  Then press the save button and publish image.
    Ok, I will do it with a test forum, and if it doesn't work i will come back here.
    Edit: It didn't work ._.

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 1:16 am

*Sigh* Still didn't work... Sad

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 1:27 am

Why should you sigh?... olala

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 1:30 am

Misty1 wrote:Why should you sigh?... olala
    Its so hard :l

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 1:33 am

Could someone show an better example?(Screenshot pls)

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 1:35 am

Akati wrote:
    Misty1 wrote:Why should you sigh?... olala
    Its so hard :l
    Yeah is really hard but not imposible. somebody is trying to help you out and sighing is a bad attitude. just saying please as a father that i am haha lol.

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 2:29 am

SLGray wrote:Did you do a search for group_legend?  All you have to do is delete that part, then copy and paste the replacement code.  Then press the save button and publish image.
    Yes, I searched for group_legend
    I did replace it with the code, it didn't work as usual.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 4th 2015, 4:07 am

What exactly is not working?

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 4:10 am

SLGray wrote:What exactly is not working?
    When I saved and published it, I went back to the Index page of my forum. It'd either display the brackets or any other ridicoulus thing.

Post by Guest July 4th 2015, 9:48 am

Is there something i'm missing? Because I am obviously doing it wrong.