Admin abuse?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Admin abuse?

beta
    Forumember

Language : english

Admin abuse?  Empty Admin abuse?

Post by beta August 3rd 2015, 7:25 pm

Hey I have been a member of http://animecrazyrp.halofight.com/ for quite some time now. The admin constantly freaks out when people she is posting with posts with other people. Before me a member had her password changed so that the admin "Lady kitten" could read her PM's. Same thing now with me only I was banned as well. Isnt there something against the TOS about invasion of privacy or instead of banning members, changing their email and password and taking their account? Thanks.
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
    Language : English, Filipino

Admin abuse?  Empty Re: Admin abuse?

Post by Russel August 3rd 2015, 8:21 pm

Hi @beta, your founder has the right to ban members what she wants. If you feel she is breaking the ToS(Terms of Service), you can do a report by scrolling down your forum and make a report by clicking 'Report an abuse'.
    beta
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by beta August 3rd 2015, 8:29 pm

Banning members is a bit different than changing their password and email then using their account and reading their private messages....
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Post by brandon_g August 3rd 2015, 8:40 pm

Hello,

Unfornautelly I believe such is not against the TOU, the founder has the right to reset any password, email address ban anyone on any account on the forum. While what she is doing may be disrespectful, it is not (atleast to my knowledge) against anything in the TOU. Sorry Sad.

As said above, if you wish, you can report the forum using the litigation tool and the litigation team at Forumotion will look into it.

-Brandon

Admin abuse?  Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Admin abuse?  Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Admin abuse?  Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
    Language : English, Filipino

Post by Russel August 3rd 2015, 8:47 pm

I don't think it's against the ToS. Founder is the king of your forum and has the right to change your email and password and control all members that will register to your forum. Forumotion has nothing to do with it unless forum breaks ToS.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Post by brandon_g August 3rd 2015, 8:58 pm

Just wanted to add if you want, you can read Forumotion's TOU in full here: https://www.forumotion.com/terms-of-service that is the TOU all forums on Forumotion service are expected to be in compliance with.

If you can find anything about that in there and/or want to file a report against the forum you can do so here: https://www.forumotion.com/litigation and the litigation team at Forumotion will look into it.

Your best bet, may be to just leave the forum altogether and/or not say anything too personal in private messages.

-Brandon
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19330
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape August 3rd 2015, 10:16 pm

I can confirm that the founder of a forum hosted by FM has the right to ban any member they want at any time,
    As for making a change to your forum account without your consent well This is also ok for them to do but if you wanted to have your account removed then it should have been done in writing when you had your account on the forum.

All members have the right to ask for your private and confidential data to be removed from a forum by law but if the admin has removed your Email address and password then the info has already been removed and there for you have no leg to stand on.

You can ask the admin to remove your posts and the account but as your data that was used in them posts but he / she Dont have to do so as its not breaking our TOS.

Admin abuse?  Left1212Admin abuse?  Center11Admin abuse?  Right112
    Admin abuse?  Ape_b110
    Admin abuse?  Ape1010