The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Forums defined Error

+3
gule
Bizbad
pauldb38
7 posters

Go down

No Forums defined Error Empty No Forums defined Error

Post by pauldb38 March 21st 2008, 1:03 pm

Hi Myself and my members are getting the error message when logging in No Forumes Defind error , when they log out and in a few times the problem goes away until next time.

I'm the only admin on the site and even when ilog in i get the same error , but when i go into admin pannel i can see all defined forrums and messages.

I have tried this on 3 computers and cleared my internet cache to no avail , can any suggest anything ?

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
pauldb38

Language : English

Back to top Go down

No Forums defined Error Empty Re: No Forums defined Error

Post by Bizbad March 22nd 2008, 12:40 am

I think I have the same problem.
When I see the Index, it says there aren't any boards.
When I check the Admin Panel I can see them.

They're appearing now for some reason.
Bizbad

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldb38 March 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm

Hi yes this seems to be a intermittant error but is still happening.

The message you get is This board has no forums

But like you say when you go into admin pannel there there with all the message content etc.

This is becoming a right pain for my members is anyone looking into this ?

Paul.

pauldb38

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 22nd 2008, 9:24 pm

Hi there. We've been having simillar problems at http://travians2forum.teamgoo.net/index.htm. When users log in, they can't see any posts or topics, like they don't exist. But they can see all other options, members, gruops, profile etc. Sometimes when you click at any of time after a while posts and topics reappear like nothing happened. This happens with admin acc too. But when I go to the admin panel i preview screens everything is there. One more observation...it seems that problems aren't general. For instance when I don't see posts and topics, someone else doesn't have any problems seeing them.

Does any one know what's happening? Server trouble? Database problems? PHP problems? WE are the problem Wink?

O and another thing...CSS editing isn't enabled anymore. When we click editing the screen where code was supposed to be is empty. And cannot edit anything..
gule

Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Post by mcapplepie March 24th 2008, 7:58 am

Same problem.
Sometimes it works when I search for a thread or post or something, but usually i sais that there's nothing there, and it takes a while to log in.
Even when I do log in it still tells me that there is no forum to speak of, and aparently I don't have the permission to search anyway! And i'm admin, so that makes zero sence.

Is there a problem with the server or is it my site or codes or... Rolling Eyes
I am at a loss here, and my members are cranky.

*Scared*
mcapplepie

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldb38 March 24th 2008, 2:31 pm

This is still a issue today monday 24th March 08 for us on http://elvisisinthebrowser.forumotion.com/index.htm

Members have been informed of the problems but would love a fix asap if anyone can help.

Paul.

pauldb38

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 24th 2008, 4:47 pm

In some similar cases resynchronizing the forums already helped. Go to "General / Configuration" and check the box where it reads "Resynchronize your forum". Hit save now.

O and another thing...CSS editing isn't enabled anymore. When we click editing the screen where code was supposed to be is empty. And cannot edit anything..

May I ask what the current status about that issue is? Do you still experience this problem and do you mean the main CSS or within temporary themes?
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 24th 2008, 8:16 pm

Thank you for the answer. It seems that the loging in and disappearing posts is resolved, will see how it runs for a few days Smile.

May I ask what the current status about that issue is? Do you still experience this problem and do you mean the main CSS or within temporary themes?

The CSS problem wasn't resolved. And I'm not sure of what excatly do you mean by main or temporary. Nevertheless I'll try to describe the issue with more detail. When I go to the colors panel we have an option to change colors by clicking or if we click on CSS we should be able to modify the CSS file (i presume it's for the temporary theme). Before the update it was possible and we changed the color of qouted text. Now we can't use this option anymore. I tried to enter some lines to rectify some colors (qoute for instance), but the forums design was trashed then. Well it was expected beacuse I added some lines regarding .qoute class which already existed so I made a conflict Very Happy

One more think crossed my mind. Editing posts...It doesn't put the info of editing if the post was additonaly edited. Is there something I should activated or what?
gule

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldb38 March 24th 2008, 9:38 pm

At first i thought this had fixed the problem but a few hours later and the same error has occured.

ie This board has no forums

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
pauldb38

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 24th 2008, 9:41 pm

yes to me too...again I after log in I have to wait for a few min then refresh the page and I can see the posts....
gule

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldb38 March 25th 2008, 10:39 am

Is this problem getting worse ? I tried to get into my forum this morning and got the no forums error , going in and out of admin panel didn't work , eventually i decided to resync again 3 time in 3 days and everything came back. my forum address is .....

http://elvisisinthebrowser.forumotion.com/index.htm

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
pauldb38

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 28th 2008, 9:02 am

Hi guys! I was wondering is there a more "hands on" solution to this problem or is it one of those wait till it passes? Wink The reason I'm asking this is beacuse the problems appear to be solved and it flips again. For instance, I as an admin of the forum can't see where new posts have been made (it's been happening for two days now). So I have to click around and guess or see what's new. It's slowly starting to irritate me.. Smile
gule

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles March 28th 2008, 4:53 pm

Please let us know how many of you are still experiencing this problem.

Thanks!

Skittles

Moved to Techs
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 30th 2008, 8:02 pm

First of all i wasn't home for 2 days and only now I see that you have moved this topic to 'need a technician', because I had it bookmarked. But I was trying to find like a maniac... Evil or Very Mad Nevertheless I found it now.Smile

The problem...well now every thing seems to be ok, but the last few days (when I didn't now where the topic was gone) we still had problems. Me and the other admin. And a some users reported the problem. But I can see that today every thing is OK. The other admin doesn't have those problem anymore. I presume you "fixed" something. I'll report it if it happens again.

But while I'm here I'd ask something else. Another problem came up. Chat was turned off. Neither one of us admins did it. But since on one didn't turn on reports we don't know what happened. Did the support do something? And to see who made changes, is it enough to turn on reports for admins? (i would like to see logs of changes) I know I've seen thenm somewhere but forgot where)
gule

Back to top Go down

Post by vince730 March 30th 2008, 8:11 pm

gule wrote:.

But while I'm here I'd ask something else. Another problem came up. Chat was turned off. Neither one of us admins did it. But since on one didn't turn on reports we don't know what happened. Did the support do something? And to see who made changes, is it enough to turn on reports for admins? (i would like to see logs of changes) I know I've seen thenm somewhere but forgot where)

There are a Few Threads Back in the Other Threads of the Forums-

Chat Boxes were turned off because the Techs are making some kind of Upgrade to the System-- They should be back soon. Wink
vince730
vince730
Forumember

http://www.webbies4ever.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gule March 30th 2008, 9:22 pm

thanks on the info Smile
gule

Back to top Go down