[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+10
OrganicEvil
brandon_g
FairyTailRP
Take Notes
SLGray
Kfalash
Ape
multiverse
PrcBby
Van-Helsing
14 posters

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting

Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
    Language : English, Greek

Solved [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting

Post by Van-Helsing Mon 28 Dec - 23:25

First topic message reminder :

Hello,
    I am trying to connect to some forumotion forums but the most of them seems are down. I found a proxy server to connect now in support forum to open this topic. Is it a global problem?

Made only topic by APE and moved to right forum.

Please fill in the following data to help us get this fixed faster
    Code:
    Forum URL:
    screen shot of any error you get:
    What part of the world you are :
    we will then look to see how we can help you some more.

Last edited by Black-Shadow on Tue 29 Dec - 17:27; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19315
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting

Post by Ape Tue 29 Dec - 21:01

Please also note that if you still have a problem please do a browser cache Clean that should fix your problem.

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Left1212[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Center11[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Right112
    [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Ape_b110
    [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Ape1010
    Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Solved Re: [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 2:41

Hello,
    Another problem which appeared today is that sometimes chatbox appears an empty box sometimes in the most of forums.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Post by brandon_g Wed 30 Dec - 2:44

Hello @Black-Shadow ,

Do you think the problems from yesterday and chatbox issue are related or could they be sperate issues? Maybe you create a new topic in case it id unrelated?

-Brandon

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 2:50

Hi @brandon_g,
    I think the problem is related with yesterday's servers problem because it is appeared after servers shutdown and awake up, maybe something went wrong on servers recovery procedure on part of javascripts as the chatbox is a javascript.

I tested with Mozilla Firefox web browser version 43.0.3
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51497

Post by SLGray Wed 30 Dec - 2:58

Do you mean sometimes the chatbox will go blank while you are using it?

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 3:03

Hello @SLGray,
    No, after posting a topic or a reply and then pressing the home link to return to forum index when the homepage loaded sometimes the chatbox is an empty box without anything.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Wed 30 Dec - 3:04

Are you logged into the chatbox?

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Slgray10

Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 3:15

Yes, via auto-login javascripts as usual, I faced it today in 3-4 forums this problem but it is not happening always after refresh chatbox comes back but looks like something interrupting the chatbox loading. Previously this problem never happened.

Update: Screenshot added as an additional info.
    [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 JpYumNn
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Wed 30 Dec - 3:43

So the issue is with a JavaScript?

Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 3:50

No, the issue is with chatbox, I think something is going wrong.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Dec - 3:56

I wasn't able to get on yesterday and went into anxiety attacks lol..went and check some other Forumotion forums that I knew off and couldn't get into but just one..and then this morning was able to get on mine and all the others..thank you for fixing the problem quick lol..
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape Wed 30 Dec - 4:55

I have tested the problem and Yes i also have a problem with the chatbox

This problem dose look to be related to the server problem last night

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Left1212[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Center11[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Right112
    [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Ape_b110
    [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Wed 30 Dec - 5:01

I am still having trouble understanding the issue with the chatbox.

Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Wed 30 Dec - 12:57

Hello dear all,
    @SLGray you can test it on a test forum by doing the following steps:

1. Activate chatbox
    2. Install the auto-login javascript (from tips & tricks)
    3. Then browse the forum or post a topic or a reply
    4. Return to forum index.

Repeat the steps 3 and 4, after a few times the placeholder of chatbox will appear as en empty box.

Note that the problem is not appearing always sometimes chatbox loading and sometimes chatbox not loading.

New Update:
    The chatbox problem is appearing on Opera Web Browser version 34.0.2036.25 too.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape Wed 30 Dec - 19:04

my chatbox problem is now gone it could be down to a javacode not working right try and remove the code @Black-Shadow and see if you still have the problem Wink

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Wed 30 Dec - 21:07

Black-Shadow wrote:Hello dear all,
    @SLGray you can test it on a test forum by doing the following steps:

1. Activate chatbox
    2. Install the auto-login javascript (from tips & tricks)
    3. Then browse the forum or post a topic or a reply
    4. Return to forum index.

Repeat the steps 3 and 4, after a few times the placeholder of chatbox will appear as en empty box.

Note that the problem is not appearing always sometimes chatbox loading and sometimes chatbox not loading.

New Update:
    The chatbox problem is appearing on Opera Web Browser version 34.0.2036.25 too.
    Read what APE posted above my post.

Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Post by Van-Helsing Thu 31 Dec - 0:12

Hello,
    Thank guys I will try this and I will clean my browsers, caches, history, cookies and uninstall the js to check it again.

Diana
    Diana
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Post by Diana Mon 4 Jan - 17:21

Is this fixed? One of my users said she couldn't get on my forum for days.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g Mon 4 Jan - 17:23

Yes, this is fixed and has been fixed since the day after this occured. Tell your user to clear their cache and cookies. Wink

-Brandon

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape Tue 5 Jan - 23:45

As this is now fixed by the tech team i will lock it if you have any other problems Please feel free to make a new topic.

Locked and archived