Admin account taken over! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Admin account taken over!

RRR
    RRR

Language : Dutch / English

Solved Admin account taken over!

Post by RRR February 4th 2016, 5:40 pm

Hi,

It seems I lost the Admin account to somebody else. It is about forum http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net/

Recently I asked to takeover the forum as the original Admin was inactive for more than half a year. That was arranged by Buttercup (of this forum). Thanks for that.
    So I got a new login for the Admin account, and started using that. And it was working fine. I also changed the e-mail address of the Admin account to my e-mail address.

But now I got an e-mail saying that the e-mail address of the Admin account was changed. I try to login to the forum as Admin, but the password has been changed.
    The location of the Admin account is now saying Bristol again, like it was for the previous Admin.

It looks like as if the old Admin became active again and somehow got control over the admin account again.

If the old admin decides to become active again, then that is also fine for me. I just wanted the forum to become active again.

There are two things that are maybe more important:

- Is he really the previous Admin again? I've sent him a message to ask this, no reply yet.

- How can he take over the Admin account again while I got a new password for it, and changed e-mail address to my e-mail address?

My laptop and e-mail should be safe and up-to-date, I'm not expecting it to be an virus or other software that took my account. Especially since location was set to Bristol again, which it was for the previous Admin.
    RRR
    RRR

Solved Re: Admin account taken over!

Post by RRR February 4th 2016, 6:00 pm

If the new e-mail address of the Admin account is something with "mark" or "marky" you don't have to steel the Admin account back. It would mean the old Admin is active again, and he can then use the account if he wants.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray February 4th 2016, 8:43 pm

Admin account taken over! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    RRR
    RRR

Post by RRR February 4th 2016, 9:10 pm

Ok. This topic can be closed.

He has Admin right again, which is fine by me. And new users can enter the forum again.

We sent some messages to each other and it seems to be fine now.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray February 4th 2016, 9:18 pm

Topic solved and archived

Admin account taken over! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.