The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tooltip in recent posts

Go down

Tutorial Tooltip in recent posts

Post by Ape March 1st 2016, 8:19 pm

Tooltip in recent posts
Change the style of your last topic looks to fit in with the new tagging system popup
Right now when you hover over the short text on the last post box you get a default browser popup

This tutorial will help you make that change.

Tooltip in recent posts Screen10
You will need to make sure the following settings are turned on before making this change.

ACP  Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111  General Tab Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111  Tooltip in recent posts Boite_email Messages and e-mails Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 Configuration

enable the preview for username tags like in the screen shot.
Tooltip in recent posts Captur16

The tooltipster plugin for jQuery isn't available when this option is disabled.

The javascript code

ACP Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 Modules Tab Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111  Tooltip in recent posts Html HTML & JAVASCRIPT Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 JavaScript codes management Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111  create a new js code Tooltip in recent posts 29877

•  Title: your choice
  • Where: on all pages

Code:
    $(document).ready(function(){
     $('.my-tooltip').tooltipster();
     });

Editing templates

ACP  Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 Display tab  Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 templates  Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111  General Tooltip in recent posts Arrow111 index_box

Find:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_topic_title -->
 <a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_LATEST_TOPIC}" title="{catrow.forumrow.LATEST_TOPIC_TITLE}">{catrow.forumrow.LATEST_TOPIC_NAME}</a><br />
 <!-- END switch_topic_title -->

Replace with:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_topic_title -->
 <a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_LATEST_TOPIC}" class="my-tooltip" title="{catrow.forumrow.LATEST_TOPIC_TITLE}">{catrow.forumrow.LATEST_TOPIC_NAME}</a><br />
 <!-- END switch_topic_title -->

And we save the changes Tooltip in recent posts 29877
Don't forget to publish Wink

Documentation

If you wish to extend this facility to other parts of your forum you have to do is add some html attributes:

•  class = "my-tooltip"
     add this attribute to an html code (for example, to link) to activate this feature
  • title = "content of the tooltip"
     this attribute will be the textual content of the tooltip when you fly over the element with the class my-tooltip

Tooltip in recent posts Left1212Tooltip in recent posts Center11Tooltip in recent posts Right112
Tooltip in recent posts Ape_b110
Tooltip in recent posts Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down