The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile forum "last" page no longer working

3 posters

Go down

Mobile forum "last" page no longer working Empty Mobile forum "last" page no longer working

Post by LVC March 12th 2016, 9:22 pm

All was good until a couple of days ago and now on the mobile version of our forum (Android chrome and iphone) on topics with multiple pages the button "last" no longer takes us to the last page (took me to page 10 out of 18 and page 4 out of 6).

All other navigation buttons (next/previous/etc.) all still work fine.

The timing seems to be roughly around the same time that the new drag and drop option for the photos seems to have become available - maybe coincidence?

This is only a problem on the mobile version of the forum.

As Admin I've changed nothing at all in the forum design etc. for over 6 months and this problem dates only from a few days ago.

Anyone have any ideas please ?
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Mobile forum "last" page no longer working Empty Re: Mobile forum "last" page no longer working

Post by Take Notes March 12th 2016, 10:01 pm

What is your forum URL?
Take Notes
Take Notes
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Back to top Go down

Mobile forum "last" page no longer working Empty Re: Mobile forum "last" page no longer working

Post by LVC March 12th 2016, 10:03 pm

[url=forum.jetfrance.org]forum.jetfrance.org[/url]
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Take Notes March 12th 2016, 10:59 pm

You do not need to add BBCode when posting links. Just post the link without code.

Example:
http://www.help.forumotion.com

Code:
http://www.help.forumotion.com
Take Notes
Take Notes
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC March 12th 2016, 11:02 pm

LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Take Notes March 12th 2016, 11:05 pm

Do you have a test account I can use? If not, can you please let me view the forum? Your forum has guests unable to view the forums/topics.
Take Notes
Take Notes
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC March 12th 2016, 11:25 pm

Hiya,

Username: test01
Password: forumtest

Thank you
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 12th 2016, 11:31 pm

Hi,

I believe you're using the following tutorial, correct ?
https://help.forumotion.com/t136884-add-pagination-to-the-mobile-version

If so, check the "perpage" variable in the script and make sure that the number coincides with the following setting in the admin panel.
Administration Panel > General > Messages and e-mails > Configuration > Posts Per Page

Mobile forum "last" page no longer working Captur13
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC March 12th 2016, 11:45 pm

Ooh that's most impressive - one was 25 and the other 15 - now both set to 25 and works on my iphone, will get the chaps to try android tomorrow - many, many thanks.

Q: why would it only recently have stopped working though - I hadn't changed anything relating to these setting since I added the script many moons ago?
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 13th 2016, 12:13 am

I'm assuming Forumotion either purposely or accidentally changed the "perpage" value on all forums, because I noticed this not on just my forum, but a friend's as well. If that value changes the script can no longer calculate the correct number of pages.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC March 13th 2016, 12:16 am

Makes sense - I'll leave it to you to let the right people know to avoid repeat help requests Wink

Many thanks again for your quick and valued assistance - most impressive Smile
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down