Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly

Brooksy118
    Forumember

Male Posts : 84
    Language : English

Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly Empty Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly

Post by Brooksy118 October 7th 2016, 1:07 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
    Position : Administrator
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome, Safari
    Screenshot of problem : https://servimg.com/view/16967594/928
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : Since iOS 10 update
    Forum link : http://surreynewmini.forumotion.com

Description of problem

My users are reporting an issue with the Quick Reply and Reply boxes not showing correctly since updating to iOS 10, they are using Safari and also Chrome and experience the same issue. Someone has also mentioned they have the same issue on a Blackberry.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, the reply box itself is only one line high (it's usually larger than this) and the toolbar along the top (bold, italic, underline, insert image, etc) isn't showing either. They experience the same issue if they click on the 'post reply' button at the bottom of the thread too, to take them to the main reply page the smileys display down the left hand side, but again there is no toolbar along the top.

I have checked the Forumotion support forum on my mobile using the classic version, and that does the same thing, so it's not my forum that's the issue.

I've asked them to try the mobile version for me, to see if that's ok, but they are also having issues with that, here's the comment from one member:

Still unable to see any buttons on the reply box, so can't add an image to this post. My reply still keeeps going out of sight, hiding behind the keyboard and I can't scroll down any further to bring it back in view.

I also wouldn't expect users to use a mobile version when using their tablet, and to be able to use the classic version, but the same issue occurs on tablets too.

Any ideas if there's a fix in the pipeline for this please? Smile

Thanks!

Screenshot:

Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly Quick_10
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2518

Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly Empty Re: Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly

Post by Draxion October 7th 2016, 1:35 am

Hi there,

If you read this, you can understand that there is nothing Forumotion can do anything about until iOS is updated again...

https://help.forumotion.com/t148468-only-topic-upgrade-os-x-safari-on-ipad
    Brooksy118
    Forumember

Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly Empty Re: Quick Reply and Reply Not Showing Correctly

Post by Brooksy118 October 8th 2016, 12:24 am

Thanks, I did do a search but didn't see that thread. Hopefully the next update will be along soon in that case Smile
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Draxion October 8th 2016, 12:27 am

Yeah, seriously since I, myself, use Apple. Wink
    Brooksy118
    Forumember

Post by Brooksy118 October 8th 2016, 12:38 am

I usually access the forum on my Mac, so don't see the issue, however I do use my iPhone or iPad when I'm away so it's going to be a real pain if they don't release an update soon - knowing Apple, there's usually several updates soon after releasing a new iOS Laughing
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Draxion October 8th 2016, 12:40 am

As far as I am aware, they are maybe 3-4 weeks from releasing iOS 10.1 but for now using the mobile version is your best bet when using Apple mobile devices.
    Brooksy118
    Forumember

Post by Brooksy118 October 8th 2016, 12:50 am

I've asked my users to use the mobile version for now so I'm sure they'll cope for another month or so if that is the case Smile