The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show

3 posters

Go down

How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show Empty How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show

Post by shiloma March 31st 2008, 9:52 am

I want my forums to look like this with an image for the forum row and then a separate image for the categories.
How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show Example1vx8

Right now my forums look like this
How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show Example2ps4

What do I need to do?
Thank you

Last edited by shiloma on March 31st 2008, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
shiloma

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show Empty Re: How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show

Post by Shadow March 31st 2008, 2:44 pm

To see what's suits you best,
go to general > hierarchy > and try out all possible hierarchy options, they are only 6 Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show Empty Re: How can I get an index row,a category row and forums to show

Post by shiloma March 31st 2008, 5:39 pm

I did do that. Perhaps what i am looking for is not in Hierarchy. I just cant figure out how to have a forum row then have a different image for my category rows. I cant even find an option for having a forum row but i know i have seen others use it.
shiloma

Back to top Go down

Post by shiloma March 31st 2008, 6:45 pm

I would like a forum row as the first row with it's own image on it. In the example i showed it was a green looking image. On this row it says "forum", "Topic","Post", and "Last Post".

Then underneath that I would like my categories to show up with a different image than the first forum row. In my example the category rows had a grey image.

I would also like my forums to show underneath the categories.

In Hierarchy options under "Keep categories on index :" I was able to get a forum row(index row) and the forums listed under that but no category rows if i checked the "none" option. I want an index row, a category row and forums listed under their categories.

Thank you.
shiloma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim March 31st 2008, 9:36 pm

Hello Shiloma...
I just happened to see that my theme has modified by you... or someone else.
I just don't think that is fair .

also notice that the forum in picture 1 is a phpbb2 theme and yours is phpbb3
the categories look different on phpbb3 thats why you can't get the same effect
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down