The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Disappeared

5 posters

Go down

Forum Disappeared Empty Forum Disappeared

Post by Fade To Black April 1st 2008, 2:35 pm

Hello,

I am one of the head admins for www.undergroundelites.own0.com

Our site ranked number one by forum motion, however today I discovered that it has disappeared. There is ALOT of work that has gone into it and I would like it returned please. If there is some sort of problem with the forums, or something that shouldn't be there, which I don't think there is, then I would assume that common decency would have made it possible for someone to at least get into contact with us. I would like this issue resolved ASAP. Thank you.
Fade To Black

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum Disappeared Empty Re: Forum Disappeared

Post by uEclan April 1st 2008, 4:28 pm

Yes i am also a head admin there going by the name c0rrupt and I saw the same thing could someone please explain to us whats going on? Thanks
uEclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 1st 2008, 5:00 pm

Hello,

Your forum was providing illegal content, going against our Terms of Service and policy.
It has been deleted after we received a complaint.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by uEclan April 1st 2008, 5:02 pm

What illegal content? And why not let us know something before deleting them?

Last edited by uEclan on April 1st 2008, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
uEclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 1st 2008, 5:06 pm

Forum Disappeared Illegal2zo1

No further notice is made when this kind of infringment is found.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by uEclan April 1st 2008, 5:07 pm

ok well is it possible you can let us have back our forums and we will get rid of that stuff? and im sorry about that we had no clue we werent suppose to post them.
uEclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fade To Black April 1st 2008, 5:11 pm

Yes, I would suspect that a warning that we might have posted something we were not suppose to would have been effective enough, we would have removed it immediately. We have several important files and information regarding our clan that we trusted with the servers of forummotion. Can you at least allow us to retrieve those files? Corrupt go on AIM or MSN so we can discuss this further.
Fade To Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa April 1st 2008, 5:17 pm

uEclan wrote:ok well is it possible you can let us have back our forums and we will get rid of that stuff? and im sorry about that we had no clue we werent suppose to post them.

No, I'm sorry, I don't believe that forum retrieval is possible. In creation of your forum you agreed to these terms of services before hand so you should have been very well aware of what was allowed or not allowed. Breaking the TOS usually means your forums deletion. Forum Disappeared Mouais
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by uEclan April 1st 2008, 5:19 pm

Well please I mean there is so much stuff on there we need to get. And why isnt there a warning before deleting?
uEclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fade To Black April 1st 2008, 5:24 pm

unfortunately like most people we can't all memorize TOS nor can we establish that we are perfect people and can't forget things. These actions seem out of line considering nobody could even bother to tell us we were posting stuff we weren't suppose to. Its pretty much an infringement on personal rights and freedoms by simply cutting off freedom of expression. And besides all we want is access to our files, we are not even concerned with having the forums back, because any company that infringes on the basic rights and freedoms is not a company i wish to support any further
Fade To Black

Back to top Go down

Post by uEclan April 1st 2008, 5:36 pm

Well is there going to be a reply anytime today or do I have to wait until next easter? Sorry for being impatient for an answer but anyways im going to go off now look back soon later.
uEclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa April 1st 2008, 5:59 pm

Guys, I completely understand where you are coming from, really. But in a situation where maybe only a small infringement was made on the forums part and brought to the Forumotion's staff's attention, maybe a warning would have been given under certain circumstances. ( I can't say exactly because I'm not staff )
But seeing as Typlo said, A complaint was filed against your forum for not one but a lot of infringements, very visible in this post. It is within the rights of Forumotion to remove any illegal content that breaks the TOS you agreed to without notification. It's just the rules. ( You should have been more aware of, I guess )

I'm sorry for your frustrations, but honestly, I don't believe following the TOS is that hard to do if you really care about your forum, and what goes into it and would like to keep it around for a while.
:/

Forumotion provides this free service to us under the conditions we follow the TOS. And I do , and am very pleased, maybe you can find another paid service provider who you think can do better then, Good Luck. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Fade To Black April 1st 2008, 6:07 pm

If as you say, they would just "remove" the problem section on the forum, why didn't they do that, its not like we are running an underground illegal company or ring or something. All they had to do was remove that one sub-form, and warn us or even remove our service after we were able to get our important information. I'm sorry but to be honest its rediculous that people would be so rude as to say "no you can't have YOUR information, that's our decision". I'm sorry but its our personal information and free service or not, nobody has the right to withhold personal information when it is requested.

Also, i never said the TOS is "complicated" but I did say that the way this situation was handled was completely inappropriate, no warnings, no removal of the problem sub-form, just complete removal of the site altogether. That in itself is a violation of the basic rights and freedoms of the global community, and forummotion can be assured that with my personal connections with several government and civil servant employees that this site will not remain for very much longer if my personal rights and freedoms are not restored and I am allowed to access my personal files and information from that site today.
Fade To Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 1st 2008, 7:01 pm

Well if that is the case, I am sure that they would be just as interested in your illegal activities, as it is against the law to have these type of things on your forum or website, whether one is offering the links for downloads, or participating by downloading them.

There is no more to be said on this issue. The facts have been stated. The reasons why, and the results.

Thread Locked
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down