The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy

Solved AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy

Post by Guest January 2nd 2017, 12:04 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #Invision
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
    Screenshot of problem : http://puu.sh/t82Gt.png, http://puu.sh/t82DN.png
    Who the problem concerns : Yourself
    When the problem appeared : Wanted to get rid of the "1" in forum1.halvmane.net since it was no longer a test forum
    Forum link : http://halvmane.forumotion.com/

Description of problem

I recently moved my domain name from GoDaddy to AWS since my hosting is under AWS. The CNAME still worked before I changed it to remove the 1 it originally had "forum1.halvmane.net". I deleted it from the Admin Console on Forumotion to change it without the 1 and was met with this error and as you can see here I have it setup as it should be as a CNAME under my DNS settings.

Does Forumotion not recognize CNAME inputs from AWS?

Last edited by Lunaus on January 15th 2017, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy

Post by Guest January 3rd 2017, 6:21 am

Bump..
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499
    Language : English

Solved Re: AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy

Post by SLGray January 3rd 2017, 6:28 am

Since you did not have it through Forumotion, you need to connect AWS about this issue.

AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest January 15th 2017, 7:14 pm

Marking this as solved, the issue was with the Nameservers being the same as my previous host instead of being updated to AWS nameservers. The issue is resolved.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape January 15th 2017, 8:05 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Left1212AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Center11AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Right112
    AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Ape_b110
    AWS Hosted Zone | CNAME change Not being accepted by Forumotion after move from GoDaddy Ape1010

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 8:28 am