Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel...

Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

Language : English

In progress Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel...

Post by Rukiafan January 24th 2018, 3:15 am

I'm the owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com and I have a serious problem. When I create HTML or Javascript in my Admin Panel the characters remaining become negative once I submit a code for the first time. For example if I have 22,918 characters left for a HTML code, once I submit the code my 22,918 characters remaining becomes -22,918 characters thereby disabling my ability to use the submit button when editing. Someone please fix this issue ASAP. My forum version is ModernBB.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

In progress Re: Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel...

Post by SLGray January 24th 2018, 8:01 am

https://help.forumotion.com/t1709-some-limits-of-forumotion-forum

Characters in HTML pages: 65,000 characters

This also includes spaces.

Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

In progress Re: Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel...

Post by Rukiafan January 24th 2018, 6:12 pm

I know that. Even if I put a single character in the text field and submit the code it becomes -1 remaining...

I was in the middle of an extensive overhaul of my review section, but I can't accomplish this if I can't even edit my HTML pages...

I don't mind giving you guys access to a dummy admin account so your techs can see the admin panel, I just need this resolved ASAP!
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape January 24th 2018, 7:18 pm

Hello I also had this problem the other day but I have been testing it on my test forum and don't get the problem no more.
    Could you maybe PM me your code your are using so I can test it on my test forum.

I don't really want to test this on your forum as I could mess your codes up so it's better giving me the code that is messing up first so i can test it on our test site.

Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Left1212Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Center11Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Right112
    Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Ape_b110
    Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Ape1010
    Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

Post by Rukiafan January 25th 2018, 9:25 am

The coding isn't the issue. You can put any single letter, number, or symbol as the code and submit it and you'll have -1 character remaining...
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray January 25th 2018, 9:33 am

APE asked for the coding so he can test it on his forum.

Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape January 25th 2018, 3:29 pm

The problem is I can not recreate the problem my end that is why I asked for your code so I can test that code my self.

Okay can you send me a test account and the URL in a PM I will test this my self on your site.

When I have run the tests on your site I will have a better understanding on the matter and see what is going wrong.

If I can get the same thing your getting then I can file a report and ask in death of why you are getting it and get someone to fix the problem or at least tell me why it's going on.

Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Left1212Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Center11Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Right112
    Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Ape_b110
    Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Ape1010
    Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

Post by Rukiafan February 5th 2018, 2:37 am

PM sent! Thanks @APE! ^_^
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape February 5th 2018, 6:29 pm

Hello @Rukiafan I am on your forum now and Don't have the same problem as you do as you can see on my screen cap Sad Characters Remaining Changes From Positive To Negative After Submitting HTML And Javascript In Admin Panel... Ezgif_10 I have also tested this on JS and don't have a problem.

Can I ask what browser are you using ?

Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

Post by Rukiafan February 5th 2018, 6:53 pm

It's having an effect on all mobile and gaming browsers. I can't afford any more laptops because those darn things are so susceptible to viruses and malware...Mobile devices are less susceptible and video game browsers rarely if ever get true computer viruses.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape February 5th 2018, 7:37 pm

Hmm That might be the problem mobile browsers are not as good as laptop browsers.
    The problem is mobiles browser cache is really small and can be a problem.
    also games consoles have really basic browser settings and limit you on almost everything Sad