The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed

4 posters

Go down

In progress How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed

Post by Clevertop May 9th 2018, 11:20 am

Hello I have 2 problems/questions

Firstly if I upgrade my forum to the advanced plan for 1 month and buy the personallised domain:

• How long does it last for?
  • and if I downgrade do I lose the personalised domain?

Secondly recently my forums url has changed from namehere.forumotion.com to namehere.board-directory.net why is this and can I change it back?

Thanks
Clevertop  Confused
Clevertop
Clevertop

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed

Post by SarkZKalie May 9th 2018, 12:43 pm

1) I think it can last till your domain expires

2) Yes you can. Go to your Admin Control Panel -> General -> Forum -> Forum address.

How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Sarkzk10
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1425

https://rotavn.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed

Post by Ape May 9th 2018, 1:13 pm

Hello the reason your address was changed was the following:

Your forum has less than 50 posts and you don't have any members on your forum.

Sadly if you change the address it will just get out back to this address namehere.board-directory.net
and you could face your forum getting deleted as it is not used at all as far as I can see.

How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Left1212How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Center11How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Right112
How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Ape_b110
How long does personalised domain last for and my forum url changed Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19176
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevertop May 9th 2018, 1:45 pm

APE wrote:Hello the reason your address was changed was the following:

Your forum has less than 50 posts and you don't have any members on your forum.

Sadly if you change the address it will just get out back to this address namehere.board-directory.net
and you could face your forum getting deleted as it is not used at all as far as I can see.

Ok is there anyway I can get it back to .forumotion.com

and how long does the personalised domain last for before it goes back to normal

Thanks
Clevertop

Update: I should probably note that I’m just replacing my real forum name with namehere for privacy reasons. I only realised just now that namehere.forumotion.com exists

Clevertop
Clevertop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 9th 2018, 3:44 pm

Hello @Clevertop,

As explained here you are free to move back your forum at any time on the forumotion.com domain in your ACP as @SarkZKalie said. This operation was punctual, so move back on forumotion.com is not a problem.

If you buy a domain name after subscribing to a package, the validity of the domain name is one year, even if the package expires before. If you purchase a package annually on May 1, 2018, and then purchase the domain name on October 1, 2018, the package will expire on May 1, 2019 and the domain name on October 1, 2019. If you buy the package monthly and end it before the domain name expires, this one will continue to work. All other package options will stop. But this isn't the normal way to process and so, it is possible that some options related to the domain name (such as email addresses) will stop working in the future.

Regards,
Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down