The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Report System: Reminders

4 posters

Go down

The Report System: Reminders Empty The Report System: Reminders

Post by Caihlem April 8th 2008, 13:05

Hello all,
Recent events have pushed me to post the following reminder aout the Report System in use here.

First all, allow meto remind everyone what the Report System is meant to serve for:
It has been implanted in the lights that if the Staff misses something that needs immediate attention, then members who notice it can lend ahand and report it.

Now to buisness...
A few members, they should recognise themselves, have litterally been attacking this system. We're currently receiving reports by the dozen ranging from something wev'e just taken care of to completely useless reports.
Also, the reports are not a means of moderating other members. By this I mean that it isn't in need of immediate attention if someone double posts. It's against the rules, but last we checked, the Staff was still competant enough to take care of these Wink

We're therefore asking that you please use the Report System with care: Does it need to be done? Is it in need of immediate attention? I not, please refrain from sending in a report.

We've decided that as of now, abusive reports will lead to reminders at first, then warnings. Also, members who're warned about sending abusive reports will see themselves in the inaptitude of sending further reports.

I'd personally like to take this moment to thank those who use the Report System correctly. It helps us loads, especially when we're running low on times and tend to miss out some stuff.

Cordially,
the ForuMotion Staff
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

The Report System: Reminders Empty Re: The Report System: Reminders

Post by Skittles November 14th 2008, 04:13

I believe it is time for a reminder of this rule regarding The Report System!

Lately it has started to become abused in the fact of many reports, for the less immediate or emergency type reports, are coming in daily.

While we understand that you are only trying to help, it isn't necessary to report things like double posting, one word spam, and colored text for example. While it is against the rules, it is not something that needs immediate attention. It is also not necessary to dig up OLD posts that may have missed moderation, unless of course it is illegal or illicit material or spam.

Staff members are sent notification to our mails and alerted here as well. Some of us may be away in the middle of something important but come running in to see what is wrong, all to find that someone just double posted. And as I am sure you would understand, that can be frustrating and become very tiresome.

It's just like someone setting off the alarm, and the fire or police come, just to report someone pumping gas and talking on their cell phone, because you worry of an explosion. (btw MythBusters disproved that myth)

Please review the post made by Caihlem above. Here it is in quote form. Please pay special attention to those I put in bold!

Thanks!

Hello all,
Recent events have pushed me to post the following reminder about the Report System in use here.

First all, allow me to remind everyone what the Report System is meant to serve for:
It has been implanted in the lights that if the Staff misses something that needs immediate attention, then members who notice it can lend a hand and report it.

Now to business...
A few members, they should recognize themselves, have literally been attacking this system. We're currently receiving reports by the dozen ranging from something we've just taken care of to completely useless reports.
Also, the reports are not a means of moderating other members. By this I mean that it isn't in need of immediate attention if someone double posts. It's against the rules, but last we checked, the Staff was still competant enough to take care of these Wink

We're therefore asking that you please use the Report System with care: Does it need to be done? Is it in need of immediate attention? I not, please refrain from sending in a report.

We've decided that as of now, abusive reports will lead to reminders at first, then warnings. Also, members who're warned about sending abusive reports will see themselves in the ineptitude of sending further reports.

I'd personally like to take this moment to thank those who use the Report System correctly. It helps us loads, especially when we're running low on times and tend to miss out some stuff.

Cordially,
the ForuMotion Staff
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 3rd 2009, 05:47

It is time for a reminder about the report feature. We thank you for reporting post or topics that are breaking rules but is it really needed to do it all the time?
Is it in need of immediate attention? If not, please refrain from sending in a report.

We don't always get to everyone's topic for finding someone breaking the rules, so if its an old post from last year don't even bother to report it as it is a waste of time for the staff member. We will do are best to make sure that everyone is follow the rules so if its really need please send a report. Have any question please let one of the staff members know or read the above post.

Thank You,

Forumotion Staff
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Base February 22nd 2014, 11:57

Hello,

I believe it's time for another reminder about the report system we have on the forum. Lately, the forum has been experiencing a few spam attacks that we have had to deal with.

The reason for this reminder is to ask that you please send a report once if you see a spam message that needs our attention. This directs our attention to the topic and we can remove it immediately.

However, that isn't to say that every single topic needs to be reported because that isn't necessary; in fact, it slows us down because the report system is clogged with the same sort of report with which we're already dealing with.

Please also do not reply to spam topics. This does not help anything and is considered to be contributing to the spam. Either report the topic if it hasn't already been reported or ignore it if a member of staff is dealing with it.

Thank you,

Forumotion Team
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down