The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to hide certain stats on homepage

+2
Draxion
PoodleyPie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved How to hide certain stats on homepage

Post by PoodleyPie May 27th 2018, 4:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I saw where someone in 2011 made a code using phpbb2 (link) , but I have phpbb3.

So is there a phpbb3 code or can someone make one to hide these, because I haven't advertised my forum yet and it looks like a ghost town:

1) Today's active topics, Today's top 20 posters, Overall top 20 posters

This is the phbpp2 version, but I didn't see these codes in my phpbb3 version in the index_body.

Code:
            <a href="{U_TODAY_ACTIVE}" class="gensmall">{L_TODAY_ACTIVE}</a><br />
            <a href="{U_TODAY_POSTERS}" class="gensmall">{L_TODAY_POSTERS}</a><br />
            <a href="{U_OVERALL_POSTERS}" class="gensmall">{L_OVERALL_POSTERS}</a>

I like to keep track of any changes I make to my CSS. So let's pretend for a moment that below is the new code. Can I do this in the index_body section in case my forum ever gets popular and I can restore it:

Code:
/* Hide Today's active topics, Top 20 posters, and overall posters
            <a href="{U_TODAY_ACTIVE}" class="gensmall">{L_TODAY_ACTIVE}</a><br />
            <a href="{U_TODAY_POSTERS}" class="gensmall">{L_TODAY_POSTERS}</a><br />
            <a href="{U_OVERALL_POSTERS}" class="gensmall">{L_OVERALL_POSTERS}</a>
----------------------------------------*/

and

2) Hide the Legend part of Who Is Online that says Moderators, since I'll always technically be the moderator.

3) Hide the entire Who Is Online (at least unless this forum gets popular).

4) Hide the homepage Statistics. Under General > Statistics > Forum Statistics > Authorizations > Who is allowed to view the statistics online?, I selected Administrators and saved, but when log off, anyone can still see them on the homepage.

Thank you.

PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to hide certain stats on homepage

Post by Draxion May 27th 2018, 9:13 pm

Since I see you footer links are back and your main issue is solved, I will go ahead and declare this topic solved. If you have any other issues, please open up a new topic. Thank you.

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
Draxion
Draxion
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2518
Language : English

https://www.talesoftellene.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2