The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

links make the forum larger than normaly

5 posters

Go down

links make the forum larger than normaly Empty links make the forum larger than normaly

Post by psykotos December 6th 2006, 1:19 pm

hi everybody!

First of all, I just hope that you will anderstand my problem, because my english is not very good!
When I create my forum, I replace the links icons of the headers by others I create and I choose to only display the icons on the link bar.

When I was not loged in the forum, the link bar was displayed in only one line, and when I was logged, the link bar was display in two. So the width of the forum was ever the same.
Today, when I went to my forum and I logged in, all the links were in the same line and the width of the forum was much bigger than normaly.
I am using firefox, but I already add this problem when I used IE to visit my forum. Now, the problem is present with IE and firefox.

Somebody know how to divide the link bar in two lines?

if it can help, here is the URL of my forum http://hunters.darkbb.com.

I hope somebody can help me, because it is not user friendly!
psykotos
psykotos

Male Posts : 18
Language : Portuguese

Back to top Go down

links make the forum larger than normaly Empty Re: links make the forum larger than normaly

Post by Cornelia December 7th 2006, 12:12 am

Hello.

The navbar is nice, but ideally, to have it in one line the bar for logged in people must not exceed 760 pixels for people who have a low resolution (800*600)
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

links make the forum larger than normaly Empty Re: links make the forum larger than normaly

Post by psykotos December 7th 2006, 12:47 am

I know that if I reduce my links, the forum will have a reduced width to. My problem is not that. I want to divide the link bar into two lines to keep the links with the same size but to have a normal width in my forum. It was the case just a few days ago, but today, without any modifications made since the last connections, the links appeared in only one line, making the width anormaly big...
What can I do to put the links into two lines???

thanks for help
psykotos
psykotos

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia December 7th 2006, 1:48 am

After I replied to your topic, I saw another topic about the same problem.

I reported this problem to the technicians.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by psykotos December 7th 2006, 5:00 pm

I hope it will be solved quickly.
Say them that the problem was already present in IE before.

thank you for the reply Wink
psykotos
psykotos

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny December 8th 2006, 10:02 am

Yeah, think you saw my Post with the same problem and I was wondering why I don`t get answer Very Happy

Installed nice icons and all were in 2 lines, but after you added the chat box and dice games, all is one line and my page is doubble withd. Mad

www.graphicsfunhouse.bbgraph.com
Funny
Funny

Female Posts : 17
Language : spanish

http://www.graphicsfunhouse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psykotos December 13th 2006, 7:02 pm

hello!

is there something new about this problem?
is the staff working on it?
is there any date envisaged for a patch or something else?

thanks
psykotos
psykotos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 13th 2006, 7:55 pm

I will ask a technician to answer Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gautamas December 14th 2006, 9:28 am

Hello,

We will see what we can do for your problem, and if it's linked to the chatbox. Can you disabled it and see if your icons are on 2 lines without the chatbox, it can help us to find where it bugs.

Edit : i tried and it doesn't come from the chatbox
Gautamas
Gautamas
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : french,english,dutch

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gautamas December 14th 2006, 9:53 am

Hello again Smile

Actually, there is no bug. We don't changed anything in the link bar. The link bar is displayed in 2 lines only if you display icons AND text. It 's written in your administration panel : General Admin / Headers :

Display only images in the link bar
The bar of the links displays on a single line when :
- Google’s Announcement is deactivated
- the portal is activated
- only images in the link bar are activated
Gautamas
Gautamas
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : french,english,dutch

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny December 14th 2006, 10:50 am

before was in 2 lines with just the icons, think it`s looks terrible having nice icons and text.

I had to change all my icons i had before, because after your update they were all in one line.
Funny
Funny

Female Posts : 17
Language : spanish

http://www.graphicsfunhouse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psykotos December 14th 2006, 11:08 am

but it was not the case before. It change when you made the update.
Is it possible for exemple to have an option in the admin panel to chose to display in one line or display in two or more lines?

this is my link bar before :

links make the forum larger than normaly Before

this is my link bar now :

links make the forum larger than normaly Only%20images

and this is my link bar width the text :

links make the forum larger than normaly With%20text

In the forum you give the possibility to add more links in the link bar... imagine the people who want to display only the images and have ten links to add! they will have a width of 3000 pixels in there forum...

I think the possibility of a choice is the better solution.
An other good solution is to put automatically in several lines to keep the width of the forum unchanged.
The only case (I think) where a administrator does not want to put his links into more than one line is when they have a display like in this forum, with a begin and an end in they bar, but as they want a normal width to they forum, they logically choose to put smaller images in they bar. So in this case, the display will be in one line, independently of the code of the forum.

I hope my speech in english is sufficiently clear scratch
psykotos
psykotos

Back to top Go down