Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner

BICKY1980
    Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Solved Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner

Post by BICKY1980 August 9th 2018, 4:57 pm

Hello

I have a user which is unable to access our site on their PC, the user can access via a mobile device just not on their PC.

Comments as follows:

"For two days now I haven't been able to access the site from my home PC. Every time I try to access the site the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner.
    I can access all other websites.
    I can access the site from my phone"

We have suggested deleting cookies, clearing cache and trying in a different browser, which they have donew but still to no effect. Can you advise on what the error: 0 means and how to get past this

Thanks

Last edited by BICKY1980 on September 5th 2018, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Solved Re: Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner

Post by brandon_g August 9th 2018, 5:17 pm

Hello,

Can you ask them what browser they are using? Can you ask them for a screenshot of the error?

Furthermore, is that user the only one with that issue?

-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on August 9th 2018, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points

Solved Re: Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner

Post by Guest August 9th 2018, 5:19 pm

Hello @BICKY1980

May we have a screenshot of the problem? As well as the steps he does in order to get this error.

Please note that if this user is the only one having this problem, it's hard to sort it out since, obviously, it's only a problem in his end. That's why we're asking you this information Wink

Best regards Smile
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19311
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape August 9th 2018, 8:01 pm

Please also post your URL of your forum so we can run tests our self.

Thank you.

APE.

Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Left1212Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Center11Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Right112
    Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Ape_b110
    Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Ape1010
    ShaneP
    ShaneP

Post by ShaneP August 23rd 2018, 11:18 pm

Same issue here, dont know whats the reason but really bummed about it losing traffic and activity. Need help.
    KissAnime GroupMe LetGo

Last edited by ShaneP on August 24th 2018, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51474

Post by SLGray August 23rd 2018, 11:24 pm

Please post your forum's link.

Every time a user tries to access the site, the screen goes blank with "Error : 0" in the top left corner Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    BICKY1980
    Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Post by BICKY1980 September 5th 2018, 10:35 pm

I think the issue turned out to be anti virus software blocking the site. Issue for me is now resolved.

Post by Guest September 5th 2018, 11:04 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules