The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about article 13 and its effect on forums

2 posters

Go down

Solved Question about article 13 and its effect on forums

Post by gligar22 March 27th 2019, 7:27 am

Hello

In the news recently, I've noticed that article 13 in the EU has been passed, which essentially calls for stricter copyright rules on the internet in europe. Since forumotion is from a european country (france) from my understanding, I have a simple question: will this affect all forumotion forums, or only the ones made/owned by those in europe? In addition, will this mean that any forums with copyrighted content will be unable to be monetized off of in any way?
gligar22
gligar22

Language : English

http://moviezzz.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Question about article 13 and its effect on forums

Post by The Godfather March 27th 2019, 12:11 pm

Hello,

Forumotion Terms of Service that all our admins signed before creating their forums or users account on one of our forums require strict compliance with the law, particularly with regard to copyrights.

So, beyond the new European articles, if your forum does not respect the TOS of our services, it may be banned regardless of the country of the admin who created it. And in any case, you will not find any advertising agency that will accept to monetize pages that do not respect copyright... Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down