The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

user does not exist?

3 posters

Go down

user does not exist? Empty user does not exist?

Post by themediaprophet Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:14 am

i have had two users register (i received new user emial) and i clicked on their profile and it showed up.

but when i go to members list they do not show up. when i type their name in member search it says user does not exist.

one of these members contacted me on myspace and said they were told their email address had already been used.

what do i do? thanks!!!!!
themediaprophet
themediaprophet

Language : english

Back to top Go down

user does not exist? Empty Re: user does not exist?

Post by iceman Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

go to members administration - inactive users and se if they have activated their acounts .
iceman
iceman
Forumember

Male Posts : 183
Language : shqip

http://iceman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by themediaprophet Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:19 pm

wow, i have 8. can i activate them myself?

edit - i just clicked on activate on all of them. will this send them a confirmation email?
themediaprophet
themediaprophet

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Generally, a user is "inactive" from the time of registration to activation of his account. There are two ways of activating them: by User and by Admin. You can switch between those modes in "Users & Groups / Users / User Settings / New accounts activation".

- Admin Activation: Users register on your board. You, as Admin, will recieve a notification email of each newly registered user, where you can activate them.

- User Activation: Users register and recieve a notification email themselves. They have to follow a link in order to activate their account.

Besides that, inactive users are always listed in "Users & Groups / Users / Inactive Users" where you can activate them manually in any way. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down