The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site?

+3
Shadow
zink77
fisherboy7
7 posters

Go down

BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site? Empty BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site?

Post by fisherboy7 Fri 18 Apr - 17:26

Hello.

My forum is strictly against having banner ads, but today they are showing up on my forum. They are only there if you are viewing the forum as a guest. What can I do about this? I need them to go away ASAP.

Here's the LINK to my forum.

Edit - I guess I have to buy point to disable ads for guests? I paid $26 to buy 2000 points to disable ads for the year Sad Was that my only solution?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Forumember

Male Posts : 80
Language : English

http://vbbc.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site? Empty Re: BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site?

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 17:43

The ads appeared on my forum too.. I thought Forumtion wasn't putting ads anymore Sad They are ruining my template. It looks bad... I'm fine with them in the prtal but not every page.
zink77
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site? Empty Re: BIG PROBLEM!! Banner ads on my site?

Post by fisherboy7 Fri 18 Apr - 17:49

zink77 wrote:The ads appeared on my forum too.. I thought Forumtion wasn't putting ads anymore Sad They are ruining my template. It looks bad... I'm fine with them in the prtal but not every page.

Yes I think you need to buy points now to get them disabled. I got 12 months of no ads for $26. I had to do it because my members would not have been happy with banner ads.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 17:50

And now you don;t have the ads anymore?
zink77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri 18 Apr - 17:52

Like fisherboy said ads will be disabled for your members if you pay to deactivate them.

We disabled ads for our anniversary but they are now reactivated again, feel free to send feedbacks on them as it's a new ads service we are testing out!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri 18 Apr - 18:01

Typlo wrote:Like fisherboy said ads will be disabled for your members if you pay to deactivate them.

We disabled ads for our anniversary but they are now reactivated again, feel free to send feedbacks on them as it's a new ads service we are testing out!

So since I paid for the 2000 points, I'm guaranteed that there won't be any more ads on my site for the full 12 months. That's the case, right?

Would have been nice to receive some warning - my members were pretty shocked to see the forum homepage this morning with a giant banner at the top Oh my god
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Fri 18 Apr - 18:09

I noticed the ads today on my forum as well. It's that true Typlo we will have to pay to have them disabled again? mwii

But I just went into my points management and made sure both options for ads were disabled, because I was sure they were. But some how they were unticked, but once disabled and clicked no again, All ads have since been disabled for members and guests again on my forum not a problem now for me. I dont think I have paid to have my ads disabled since back in august of 2007 really, so I'm just a smidge confused. Confused

I'm not to worried about it, I'm sure it all can be worked out. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri 18 Apr - 18:21

Nessa wrote:I dont think I have paid to have my ads disabled since back in august of 2007 really, so I'm just a smidge confused.

Did you but 2000 points for a full year of no ads? If so, I'm sure you'll be fine until August of '08 then.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 18:25

Ok, I bought points too. BUY POINTS TO DISABLE YOUR ADS PEOPLE!!! If not, leave them.. They're not so bad! thumleft
zink77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr - 18:31

Hello,

Our free forum service has now been launched for four years, thanks yo your fidelity we are still running up and strong!

We have decided to delete all ads on your forums to thank you all, and in all languages!

They will be deleted for a lap of time that's still needs to be defined!

Thanks again for your support, hope will be here next year, and the years after to continue offering free forum hosting!

Kind regards,
Typlo

why are they back on if you decided to deleted them???

so are we going have to paid for them the be removed?

<<<==== 100% confused

zink77 wrote:Ok, I bought points too. BUY POINTS TO DISABLE YOUR ADS PEOPLE!!! If not, leave them.. They're not so bad! thumleft

they do look bad if you have your own ads onto it.

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 18:46

Stop bitching and buy points! tongue It's the only way to remove them. Go in point management. You pay points per month to keep them removed.
zink77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr - 18:48

scratch why am i bithcing???

why post something then say something differnet doesn't make sense

Hello,

Our free forum service has now been launched for four years, thanks yo your fidelity we are still running up and strong!

We have decided to delete all ads on your forums to thank you all, and in all languages!

They will be deleted for a lap of time that's still needs to be defined!

Thanks again for your support, hope will be here next year, and the years after to continue offering free forum hosting!

Kind regards,
Typlo

it say there they are deleteing the ads

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 18:57

They also mentioned,

"They will be deleted for a lap of time that's still needs to be defined!"

So, it lasted about a week or 2? Why they said that if they're not disabling the ads I don't know. Bottom line, you have to buy points to disable them now!
zink77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by healingvibration Fri 18 Apr - 19:07

Is that true? We have to pay to have the ads disabled?

How much, and for how long does that last??

I asked about ads here before and I was told no ads would be placed on my forums Sad
healingvibration

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 Fri 18 Apr - 19:48

Of course it's true!
Go into points management. You'll see there.
zink77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by healingvibration Fri 18 Apr - 19:57

Erm... I can't get into my forums! I posted about it in another thread. Since the ads went up, I'm getting wierd error messages but my two other forums are fine (ads havent gone up on them).

Telling me I need to install office 2000 premium (have it installed). It's happening with another forumotion forum I've tried to click on too (not mine).

I don't mind paying, I guess - but I was assured no ads.

I chose this site because I'm setting up a business and funds are very low (in debt actually) so it seemed like a godsend for it to free and adless.
I moved from another forum provider for this reason Sad
healingvibration

Back to top Go down

Post by healingvibration Fri 18 Apr - 20:14

K, got in with another browser. Ads still on my front page.
healingvibration

Back to top Go down

Post by N!X Fri 18 Apr - 20:17

Do you have a pop-up and ad blocker installed on the OS ??
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Male Posts : 338
Language : Serbian & English

http://www.freak-area.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by healingvibration Fri 18 Apr - 20:22

I do now... just switched.
I've more or less figured it all out, few false starts where they were coming back evenafter disabling them but all seems to be ok now. Thanks Smile
healingvibration

Back to top Go down

Post by hitesh Fri 18 Apr - 20:45

on my forum also ads now activated. Seems just recent was only for a few days saying "Ads have been disable for all people"

My feedback =>> Please remove that.
hitesh
hitesh
Forumember

Male Posts : 988
Language : English, Indian Languages

http://forum.cricketgod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr - 21:37

zink77 wrote:They also mentioned,

"They will be deleted for a lap of time that's still needs to be defined!"

So, it lasted about a week or 2? Why they said that if they're not disabling the ads I don't know. Bottom line, you have to buy points to disable them now!

i made my forum over a year ago and it never had ad's on it and now they just pop out of the blue?????

Back to top Go down